Kahr Shop   Mitch Rosen   Magnum Research new   CrossBreed Holsters

Thread: P380 Cleaning Question

Kahr Newbie Guest

Unhappy P380 Cleaning Question

Hi all,

I recently bought the P380 and it is my first gun. And, this is my first post, so please forgive my ignorance!! I would simply like to know in general how to clean the pistol properly? I bought a cleaning kit with three cleaners/lubricants, but nowhere does the literature tell me which cleaners to use on which components. I checked some YouTube videos, but do not want to rely solely on them. I don't want to use the wrong cleaners on the wrong parts, and I definitely do not want to damage the gun or potentially cause a firing problem. Any guidance would be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks from me,

Kahr Newbie

KahrOwner Guest

How is it shooting for you so far?

I have had lots of problems with my P380 which is also still quite new (jams, ftf, ftrtb, stovepipes etc... see my other thread on here for details).

Shoots OK for the first 20-50 rounds after each cleaning.

Hopefully you will not also have the same issues - and especially since it is your only gun. That would suck!

At least I am lucky in that I have other pistols to play with that all run like clockwork.

Bob

Default Go to

Quote Originally Posted by Kahr Newbie View Post
    Hi all,

I recently bought the P380 and it is my first gun. And, this is my first post, so please forgive my ignorance!! I would simply like to know in general how to clean the pistol properly? I bought a cleaning kit with three cleaners/lubricants, but nowhere does the literature tell me which cleaners to use on which components. I checked some YouTube videos, but do not want to rely solely on them. I don't want to use the wrong cleaners on the wrong parts, and I definitely do not want to damage the gun or potentially cause a firing problem. Any guidance would be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks from me,

Kahr Newbie
    KAHR TECH SECTION HIT ON TWO GREAT STICKYS. #1 kahr lube chart, #2 propper prepping of ur new kahr, read those two and you willbe good to go.nice gunb hope it does what it is designe dto do..:israel:
    . My PM9 has over 40,000+ rounds through it, and runs much better than an illegal trying to get across our border

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY