Kahr Shop   Xssights   Tommy Gun Shop   CrossBreed Holsters
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just fire my first ever reloads!

Smile Just fire my first ever reloads!

I just returned from the range after firing the first reloads I have ever made. Everything went well. The gun went bang, the bullets exited the barrel, the slide operated correctly and stayed back after the last round. I am very pleased with myself. That was all of 7 rounds the my CM9. Now I will be able/confident to load more so I can go to the range more often. I also loaded and shot 7 rounds thru my Browning BDA 380.

A good reloaded can do as good as factory, but many today tell me the cost of componets has risen so much that for range fodder, sometimes 9mm ammo is soldso cheap in price that it just an't worth the effore. Shot gun loading has went that way. Whenit gets around 50 cents less to reload, most willnot reload. I remember when I use dto b itch at 9 bucks for a bag of shot, now what is it 35-40 bucks.
    . My PM9 has over 40,000+ rounds through it, and runs much better than an illegal trying to get across our border

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

I believe there is still a decent cost benefit to doing .380 reloads.

probably more so in the 380 over the 9mm for sure. I just don't know to many 380 reloaders.. When I can still buy 100 wwb fmj at wal mart for $22, I just don't want to reload. been there done that, it was fun-=--was??
    . My PM9 has over 40,000+ rounds through it, and runs much better than an illegal trying to get across our border

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

I pay between $14 to $17 a box for the 380's and $11 to $12 for the 9mm.
    Reloads minus the cost of equipment are costing less than $6.50 a box.
    At that rate I should clear the cost of equipment in about 25 to 30 boxes.

You can still save money reloading 9mm but the percentage of savings isn`t as much as with other calibers.It`s enough for me anyway.Keep on with your reloading and you will find it to be a rewarding hobby.
    In the area in which I now reside,when I`m placed in a group of four or five guys,I`m known as "the smart one".God help me.

$6.50 is a good price if u can reload for that. especially in the 380's, actually not bad for 9's either. I wouldhave to put a big sheet of ploastic down at my outdoor range as we shoot on grass, and it is a bit-h to find the brass. I guess I could hire an illegal for 50 cents an hour to pick them up for me..

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

If you're just doing square range practice you could rig up some sort of brass catcher. Now if we only shot revolvers we wouldn't ever loose brass.

can u spell L A Z Y!!

kinda fits me to a tee..

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

Quote Originally Posted by jocko View Post
    can u spell L A Z Y!!

kinda fits me to a tee..
    Boy, do you have me nailed!