Crimsontrace   Kahr Shop   Tommy Gun Shop   CrossBreed Holsters
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Self Defense Ammo for CM9

Default Self Defense Ammo for CM9

Just wanted to check to see if anyone has successfully shot Thunder Ranch +P 115gr DPX ammo through their CM9?

Please let me know.

Thanks,

Pete

I've tried a bunch of the more common choices and finally ended up finding one I like, Winchester white box 147 grain JHP. It shoots and cycles very well and I don't experience the nose dive when hand racking the slide.

As an added bonus, it's about $20 for 50 rounds.

I use Black Hills 115 Extra power HP's. Cheaer at 50 to box and function fine. BH is a good company so I don't have to worry about a lot of shot to shot variation.

I know there are all kinds of thoughts on SD ammo, but wanted to see if there is any that are preferred or feed perfect in the CM9? I recall in some previous guns I've owned I purchased short barrel versions of Speer Gold Dot ammo. Has anyone put A LOT of SD ammo down the pipe of their CM9? I am using Speer Lawman 115gr FMJ range ammo. I would tend to just go with hollowpoint versions of the Speer Gold Dot in the same 115gr, but I know they have hollowpoint 124gr, FMJ 147gr, and 124gr +P (among others). I am just partial to Speer as it has always worked well in my guns.

BUT- I just read some great stuff on the Black Hills Ammo 115gr JHP +P. I know NOTHING about Black Hills Ammo. Thoughts? Comments?

Speer Gold Dot 124g +p JHP. Have about 75 rounds through my CM9 with 0 problems. I think the manual recomends 124g ammo
    Have put 400-500 rds various fmj ammo with maybe 3-4 misfeeds & that was in the first 200 rds of break in.

Here is my previous post that includes some carry ammo. Posted in August

In the past week I have put 850 rounds through the pistol. Not a single issue. Varied FMJ stuff for the first 200 rounds. Blazer, PMC, Winchester, and Remington. This thing eats everything I put in it.

For carry rounds. I varied these also. Cor-Bon, Winchester Supreme Elite, Federal HST, and Hornady TAP FDP.

The 124 grain Hornady TAP was by far the most accurate in my gun (yours may differ).

federal 115 +p
    Focus on your front sight..... The rest should be blurry!

Sorry, I originally posted this in the wrong thread.
    Do any of you go for the Short Barrel version of the Speer Gold Dot 124gr +P ? Seems custom designed for the shorter barrel Kahrs but not sure how it performs in a longer barrel. Last question before we break out into a full fledged ammo battle, it is difficult to find info on just JHP (jacketed hollowpoint) rounds. Most vids always show the +P versions. any major difference in going with just a JHP round for SD versus the +P. I checked the Speer website and there is no muzzle velocity difference between the 124gr JHP and the 124gr JHP Short Barrel +P.

Thunder,

Exactly what I use in my MK9. "Small bullets may expand but big bullets dont shrink"
    Mesa, AZ. (5 miles west of Rio Salado Sporstmans Club)
    P220s (3), G17(Competition), MK9(New to me CCW), Benelli M2, RRA ARs (18" Rifle gas, 20" Competiton)
    Best saying I've seen in a tagline: "I'd like to leave this world the same way as I came in: Screaming and covered in someone else's blood".

Quote Originally Posted by dh2683 View Post
    Speer Gold Dot 124g +p JHP. Have about 75 rounds through my CM9 with 0 problems. I think the manual recomends 124g ammo
    Have put 400-500 rds various fmj ammo with maybe 3-4 misfeeds & that was in the first 200 rds of break in.

FYI... From Kahrs Q&A page...

Q. Which ammunition is recommended for use with Kahr firearms?

A. Kahr Arms does not endorse any particular brand of ammunition. However, not every brand of ammunition produces the same results. Please check the markings on the barrel hood of your firearm to determine the proper caliber. Kahr suggests a visit to a pistol range to test fire different brands of ammunition in the proper caliber. Kahr cautions against the use of reloads. Lead (unjacketed) bullets can cause excessive fouling and extra attention to cleaning the bore is recommended after firing lead bullets. The Kahr pistol is rated to +P.
    >>Back to top