Tommy Gun Shop   Tommy Gun   CrossBreed Holsters   Mitch Rosen
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Review: Rubber Talon Grips for PM9/CM9

Nice job. I have been looking at the Talon grip for my PM9. Currently it wears a Hogue Handall, but I would like to do away with the added width. I may just have to place my order.
    Christianity, if false, is of no importance, and if true, of infinite importance. The only thing it cannot be is moderately important.
    C. S. Lewis

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by JFootin View Post
    Nice pics! I don't like those gaps on each side near the back of the grip. Yuck! I wonder why they did that?
    I agree....I like the looks of the grip texture but the backstrap area looks unfinished

Quote Originally Posted by slick slidestop View Post
    I agree....I like the looks of the grip texture but the backstrap area looks unfinished
    FWIW it really doesn't look that bad in person. the pictures on the manufacturer's website shows a view angled slightly to the rear where you can see the backstrap portion better. i linked it in the original post.

i confirmed from the company that the reason the grips are designed that way is due to the contour of the backstrap. because it has a "hump" shape to it there is no easy way to avoid bunching and wrinkling without the gaps.

I just put the sand paper texture talon grips on my cm9 and while they offer excellent grip they do irritate my skin when the gun rubs up against my skin. Maybe I'll just spend the 11 bucks and get a new one with the rubber texture.

I have the rubber talons on my CM9 and it takes away those backstrap teeth that dig into the web of your hand. I like em.

rubber talons on my p9 also and love them. less bulky than any of the slip on grips out there. very comfy. i agree with the other comment above...doesnt look that bad once its on. its not like i have it out showing it off everywhere i go. its functional.