Magnum Research new   Mitch Rosen   Tommy Gun Shop   Kahr Shop

Thread: Rules (Holster) Clarification

Default Rules (Holster) Clarification

I'm thinking about ordering a period correct holster (Tom Threeperson from Lobo Leather) but I thought that I'd seen in the rules that holsters had to cover trigger guards. I've gone back through them and I don't see that now. Do they need to cover the trigger? Since I would only use this holster for AZSA, I hate to spend the money for it, if I can't use it here.
    Thanks,
    Doug

Looking at the rules on the Zoot shooters website:

"Any type of period correct holster may be worn for the use of carrying a handgun by AZSA participants. Holsters must be made of a period correct material. Non conforming holsters (nylon and plastic) may be used at the club level only as a way of encouraging new shooters. With the exception of revolvers, which may not be drawn from shoulder holsters, ALL pistols must be drawn with an empty chamber for safety’s sake. Because some costumes, such as a flapper’s dress, may not be appropriate for the use of a holster or magazine pouches, all capers must have provisions for un-holstered handguns and extra magazines to be used during the course of fire."
    http://www.zootshooters.com/rules

I think you should be good, I'd email "Hustler" if you have any doubts.
    http://oldschoolguns.blogspot.com/ A place for classic firearms.

There is not a provision in the holster rules about trigger guard covers. Auto-loaders cannot be holstered "hot" therefore, it is unnecessary to have trigger covers for those guns. Revolvers cannot be drawn from shoulder holsters. If you are planning to use a revolver in a hip mounted holster you may want to consider a trigger guard cover for safety's sake. Remember, this sport is about being safe and having fun. It is not so fun if you have an AD in the leg.

When we started Zoot Shooters we bought Galco shoulder holsters because that was all we could find. I have since purchased the Untouchables holster from AE Nelson Leather Co for a 1911; I like it. Mernickle Holsters is starting to make them for AZSA and I have had some conversations with Purdy Gear about it as well...

Thanks for the responses. The more I looked at the period specific holster and the more I thought about it, I decided against it. It was for my revolver so it really didn't make sense (safety-wise).
    I looked at the Mernickle site and I have to say I was impressed with them. I found the exact set up I was looking for (belt, fully lined holster, speed loader pouch) at a great price. Now, to convince the wife to get it for me for Christmas.
    Aloha,
    Doug