Xssights   Kahr Shop   CrossBreed Holsters   Tommy Gun Shop
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Log In Time Limit

Default Log In Time Limit

Is there a stay logged in time limit?
    Numerous times I find myself logged out. Usually I don't realize it till I want to add to a posted thread. It says Welcome MBFD and the Log Out which to me indicates that I should still be logged in.

Yesterday I had typed up a new thread and when I hit the Submit it said that I was not logged in. I lost my typed up thread - errrr.
    I retyped it in Word, logged in and copied it to a new thread.

Remember I'm just a displaced Missouri dirt farmer but I occasionally experience that. There really isn't a log in time limit but sometimes the internet cyber wolves or whatever they are kick you out. I was missing a lot of info and not seeing things using Explorer, (not that Ponce De Leon fella or Columbus or anything but the little search engine that couldn't that lives in my computer.
    I'd tried the little Firefox dude before and because he was different I got frustrated and went back. I had some other issues and John recommended I try the little Firefox dude again and alas my issues went away. It's a new trick for an old dog but I'm getting along ok.

I hope this weren't to technical for ya, I try to stay humble on this computer gee willikers stuff.

I'm sure Justin, or JohnH probably got a more meaningful explanation that I wouldn't understand two words of but maybe you would.

Short answer is no time limit, ask my wife.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Would you go through that one more time, Bawanna?

Quote Originally Posted by O'Dell View Post
    Would you go through that one more time, Bawanna?
    I wish I could but I'm plumb tuckered after all that heavy thinking stuff.

It's something to do with Vbulletins and some of them searchers not getting along. Maybe like spanish and french wasting their time trying to prove the world was flat. What did they ever decide on that, haven't heard.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Well now look what you done to me. I formulated a few of my highly intelligent and helpful responses only to have the crystal ball tell me I had an 404 error, almost like the heartbreak of psoriasis I'm thinking. How could psoriasis start with a "P", don't make a lick of sense.
    Anyhow I hit the back button and it took me back to where I was and when I hit the post button again it worked just fine and dandy.
    Just did the same thing on a PM response and it was pretty quick, (I can type real quick for a manly Missouri farm boy) so it wasn't a time issue I don't think.
    Maybe I'm the one who needs help here after all.

Jocko will be along momentarily to tell me I'm exactly right on needing help, I can always count on him.......
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

I havenever ha dit happen here but it has happened many timnes before on some of my other forums. I guess they are sending me a message???? I am joined at the hip with Bawanna, so if he goes , I go..Odd thing about this was that we were not joned at the hip by birth, we just like each other so fokking much that we just did it. Mind u,no hospital was involed. we both got drunk one night (feel no pain) and we sewed ourselves up at the hip (17# test Stren fishing line). Not a bad thing but when one has to take a dump, it kinda puts the other in a no win position...
    . My PM9 has over 40,000+ rounds through it, and runs much better than an illegal trying to get across our border

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

I'm absolutely positive without reservation that that is the nicest thing anyone has ever said about me.
    This would conclusively explain Jocko's left handedness and my right handedness and me always having to ride in the darn side car. Somethings in life just aren't fair, I wanna drive once in a while.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

well u know I do what I can to make life better for you, BRO!!
    . My PM9 has over 40,000+ rounds through it, and runs much better than an illegal trying to get across our border

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

I don't know of a time out. I've left it up in the middle of a post and gone to dinner and it's been right there waiting when I returned. So, I'm going to guess the answer is no.

Of course the answer is conditional on you accessing the internet directly from your browser, without an AOL or other service in between. I think some of those have timeouts.

PS: If you haven't, you might want to check the remember me box at log in.
    •"Everything will be okay in the end. If it's not okay, it's not the end." - O. L.
    • "America's not at war; her military is. America's at the mall."

Quote Originally Posted by OldLincoln View Post
    I don't know of a time out. I've left it up in the middle of a post and gone to dinner and it's been right there waiting when I returned. So, I'm going to guess the answer is no.

Of course the answer is conditional on you accessing the internet directly from your browser, without an AOL or other service in between. I think some of those have timeouts.

PS: If you haven't, you might want to check the remember me box at log in.
    I'm not sure but I think that is what I was trying to say in my informative post earlier, I forgot that Browser word. As usual you said it so much nicer and understandable than me. I sometimes don't even understand myself.
    The little firefox and the explorer are browsers right. No that can't be right, you said direct from your browser without AOL which is apparently a foreign spy agency or service in between. Crap I feel a headache coming on again.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan