Tommy Gun   Tommy Gun Shop   Mitch Rosen   Crimsontrace
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Log In Time Limit

Yup.... AOL (aka "Организация американских шпионов") is a spy organization that lures unsuspecting users, especially those who have limited experience, into a web where they end up telling you.... "Do not adjust your monitor..... You are entering the AOL Twilight Zone."

Worst part is even if you want to escape (and everybody eventually does) they have embeded little applications that grab what you are doing and makes it disappear. A sure sign is when you have typed out a post and hit the submit key and it disappears. Sometimes some music starts playing, sometimes not.

I tried to save some relatives but couldn't get them out in time. I didn't even get to say goodby before they were swept into the darkness.
    •"Everything will be okay in the end. If it's not okay, it's not the end." - O. L.
    • "America's not at war; her military is. America's at the mall."

You should not be getting logged out. Not sure what is happening with that. Does it matter what browser you use?
    Chief Administrator
    Kahrtalk.com

Just to add my 2˘, I have found the Mozilla Firefox browser to work much better than Internet Explorer here, formats pages better and stuff. I have never gotten logged out. Only thing is, it seems that, lately, it has been getting real slow to load a lot of Web pages. Of course, Kahrtalk always takes quite a few seconds, but that isn't where I am encountering difficulty. On a lot of other websites, it seems to get stuck trying to load a page and I have to hit F5 2 or 3 times to get it fully loaded and displayed. Do any of you Firefox users have this problem? Often, I'll switch over to IE and it will display the page in a snap. I have wondered if this is a problem with the latest versions of Firefox, or if it has gotten gommed up with a lot of hidden add-ons and app extensions, it having been my primary browser for 2 or 3 years, now?
    Very interesting...

I have the same problem with getting logged out after a short time. I'm using Firefox 6.0.2
    As a test , I logged in 10 minutes ago - lets see if this one goes through or if I have to log in again.

Heres a question for you computer savy folks. I'm using Firefox, didn't know there was different numbers. Last night I'm on my little mini lap top using firefox and I decide to watch the girl, squirrel, dog video that I believe Aray posted.
    Well it tells me I don't got the latest mud hut adobe acrobats and I need to update, so I tell it you know what I need, give it to me, well it got all confusing and stupid so I figured I don't need to watch the video anyhow.

BUT when I go back I log into kahrtalk, my homepage on the laptop, it lets me log in, says welcome bawanna, your are a rock star, well ok it didn't say I was a rock star, but then it kicks me right back out. Did that several times. So I do the reboot thing (thats the turn it off, turn it back on thingy in case theres anyone slower than me. No love. So I go back to explorer/google? and it worked there.

I'll be playing again tonight trying to fix my little firefox, confusing little mother that he is.

Any ideas? Remember use small words and pictures are best, I'm pretty simple on this computer stuff.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

I'm not sure about this particular problem, but I like to pick when and where I do these Adobe Flash updates and the like... from trusted sites, certainly not at some random site. Lots of untrustworthy sites will try to fix you up with something besides the factory updates. It's like risky sex without a condom.

Wynn
    USAF Retired '88, NRA Life Member. Wife USAF Retired '96
    Avatar: Wynn re-enlists his wife Desiree, circa 1988 Loring AFB, ME. 42nd BMW, Heavy (SAC) B-52G's
    Frédéric Bastiat’s essay, The Law: http://mises.org/books/thelaw.pdf

Thomas Jefferson said

“A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.”
    and

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".

Crap, I didn't see that part. You think they was trying to have their way with my laptop without protection. Sneaky bastards. Maybe they thought my firefox was hot?
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Sometimes I put on my "rain suit" and galoshes, then go "private" browsing... eliciting warnings and admonitions form my Norton Internet Security Suite... just like my Mom used to give me... no switches, though.

Sometimes, I would get those scary things where there's a horrible noise like "battle stations" on Navy ships, and a big screen full of warning about "Malicious Site" or the like! I don't usually continue in areas like that. It's kind of like going down Bourbon Street and popping into each bar... there may be a bad experience facing you immediately in some.

Maybe a lot worse area or section of town than the touristy Bourbon Street, though.

Wynn
    USAF Retired '88, NRA Life Member. Wife USAF Retired '96
    Avatar: Wynn re-enlists his wife Desiree, circa 1988 Loring AFB, ME. 42nd BMW, Heavy (SAC) B-52G's
    Frédéric Bastiat’s essay, The Law: http://mises.org/books/thelaw.pdf

Thomas Jefferson said

“A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.”
    and

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".

I went back through some settings and kicked the inactivity setting up quite a bit. It may be that for some users, their browsers are not being seen as active by the forum software as it should be. This should at least delay the logout in those cases.
    Chief Administrator
    Kahrtalk.com

Now if only we could make the thumbnails open up to 640.... No pressure, just hoping it will happen some day.
    •"Everything will be okay in the end. If it's not okay, it's not the end." - O. L.
    • "America's not at war; her military is. America's at the mall."