Magnum Research new   CrossBreed Holsters   Tommy Gun Shop   Xssights
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Review: PJ Holster Kydex IWB and Pocket Carry

Well.... I've been extremly torn on a holster for my cm9 because of it being my first gun and holster. I think you guys just made up my mind for me. Any recommendations on set up for a noob like myself? I know I want iwb n probably the sweat shield (it gets hot n muggy here in sc) but I'm not sure which type of clip to go with. Ill be ordering a gun belt asap to go with the holster n like the idea of easy on n off but don't want something that's gonna shift around. Any tips?

i can offer a tip for a U.S. made belt thats heavy duty leather for $28, but no tips for iwb because i pocket my pm9 and havent decided on a iwb yet but am leaning towards the same as the op's. (i have a black version of this but for some reason its not on their site right now)
    http://www.gussetclothing.com/openroad-reg-brown.html

Quote Originally Posted by PYROhafe View Post
    Well.... I've been extremly torn on a holster for my cm9 because of it being my first gun and holster. I think you guys just made up my mind for me. Any recommendations on set up for a noob like myself? I know I want iwb n probably the sweat shield (it gets hot n muggy here in sc) but I'm not sure which type of clip to go with. Ill be ordering a gun belt asap to go with the holster n like the idea of easy on n off but don't want something that's gonna shift around. Any tips?
    I'd go with the over the belt clip IWB from PJ Holsters. It is easy on and off and stays put. Get it with FBI cant and wear it at about 4:00, which is the sweet spot where it will be so comfortable that it will disappear from your perception of it being there at all.
    Very interesting...

Quote Originally Posted by Markis82 View Post
    I have been using an IWB PJHolster for my CM9 daily for 8 months or so. I have seen NO wear on the gun's finish at all. I have said it before and I'll say it again, "My PJHolster is best holster I have ever had." Including the Silent Thunder which did not impress me.

Hi there. Can you tell me what you didn't like about the Silent Thunder holster? Which one did you try?

Quote Originally Posted by Hkp7nut View Post
    Hi there. Can you tell me what you didn't like about the Silent Thunder holster? Which one did you try?
    Here is a link to a post I made comparing the two holsters.

http://kahrtalk.com/showthread.php?t=10992
    "Never pet a burning dog"

Here's my new C-clip tuckable that arrived today.

Quote Originally Posted by Hkp7nut View Post
    I had the regular IWB Sllent Thunder with the standard belt clip. I found it constructed very well. It should wear like iron and last a lifetime. But, it didn't work for me. It was too thick, bulky, and heavy. No matter what I did, it was uncomfortable and cumbersome. Because of its construction, the several layers of materials made it bulge, stick out, and weighed me down. In contrast, the PJ is thin, light, and completely disappears.
    Notables:
    Kimber Custom II 1911 .45 ACP ("How sweet it is")
    Kahr CM9 9mm - Trijicon night sights, Wolff 5# striker spring
    Glock 19 Gen 3 9mm - Meprolight night sights, BTGuiderod stainless steel captured guide rod, Ghost Ranger trigger connector, Vickers mag release
    Taurus 85 Stainless Steel .38 Special
    1977 Smith & Wesson 19-4 2.5" .357 Magnum - Wolff springs, Professional trigger job
    1955 Hi-Standard Sentinel R-100 .22lr
    1958 Marlin Golden 39-A Mountie .22lr
    Norinco SKS 7.62x39

Quote Originally Posted by joshh View Post
    i can offer a tip for a U.S. made belt thats heavy duty leather for $28, but no tips for iwb because i pocket my pm9 and havent decided on a iwb yet but am leaning towards the same as the op's. (i have a black version of this but for some reason its not on their site right now)
    http://www.gussetclothing.com/openroad-reg-brown.html
    How thick are their belts?
    KØKAV

Quote Originally Posted by Markis82 View Post
    I had the regular IWB Sllent Thunder with the standard belt clip. I found it constructed very well. It should wear like iron and last a lifetime. But, it didn't work for me. It was too thick, bulky, and heavy. No matter what I did, it was uncomfortable and cumbersome. Because of its construction, the several layers of materials made it bulge, stick out, and weighed me down. In contrast, the PJ is thin, light, and completely disappears.
    That was exactly my experience with the Silent Thunder. Too thick, too heavy and uncomfortable. And for me also, the PJ is thin, light, and completely disappears. If you ran them both over with a truck, the PJ might break and the ST might not. But for all day comfort and concealability, I go with the PJ. Plus, you can buy two PJs for different guns or uses and still have enough left over for a steak dinner, for what you would pay for one ST.
    Very interesting...

Quote Originally Posted by Cornhusker View Post
    How thick are their belts?
    Single ply belt, but from the picture it looks thick enough for light duty carry. I'm going to try one....for $28 I'll take a chance.