Tommy Gun   Tommy Gun Shop   Mitch Rosen   Xssights

Thread: CW 45 Problems?

Thumbs up CW 45 Problems?

I decided to go ahead and purchase a CW 45 despite the numerous problems that some have had on the forum.

Thanks to the excellent information on the forum, I properly cleaned and lubed as recommended. I then broke it in by cycling the slide a couple of hundred times.

Range Report,

At the range, I shot all 200 rounds at one session with absolutely no malfunctions. 100% reliability and no issues with the aggressive grip.

I have oversize hands and found the aggressive grip an advantage for controllability.

Accuracy was amazing, all the shots were in the center of the target with vertical stringing due to my adjusting to the sight picture.

I am quite pleased with the purchase and performance of the Kahr CW 45!

Dang! I'm sorry that you got such a dull, uninteresting specimen there, but welcome to the forum. Maybe you'll have some problems later that we can help you with... or you'll help someone else here.

Honestly, that's great. Those CW45's are fantastic... great size, weight, and relatively inexpensive. Get a couple of the 7-round extended grip magazines... try Ivanhoe or Cheaper Than Dirt... for carry spares or range use. Hopefully, you're getting one with the free magazine offer at Kahr. I have several of those for my PM45 and it's lying close at hand with one loaded and another as a reload for ready defense. I still use the 5-round mag for CCW but carry a 7-round extended grip as a reload.

Wynn
    USAF Retired '88, NRA Life Member. Wife USAF Retired '96
    Avatar: Wynn re-enlists his wife Desiree, circa 1988 Loring AFB, ME. 42nd BMW, Heavy (SAC) B-52G's
    Frédéric Bastiat’s essay, The Law: http://mises.org/books/thelaw.pdf

Thomas Jefferson said

“A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.”
    and

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".

Arrow Boring CW 45?

wyntrout,

Thanks for the welcome!

It's been my experience that anytime you downsize a .45 to subcompact, you can expect some reliability issues.

The information on the forum on how to properly prepare the CW45 prior to taking it to the range really pays off!

I sent the form in for the free 7 round magazine and received it in a week!

For helping someone else, do your homework and follow the excellent technical advice on forum. It will pay off in the long run.

Welcome aboard LongHunter. Great to read of a proper prep and great first outing.
    •"Everything will be okay in the end. If it's not okay, it's not the end." - O. L.
    • "America's not at war; her military is. America's at the mall."