Magnum Research new   Crimsontrace   Xssights   Tommy Gun Shop
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The people of KahrTalk

Ok I was dumpster diving in the Kahrtalk basement because working from home gets a little boring and not much was going on around here so I dug up this gem from the archives....This thread pretty much sums up why Kahrtalk is such a special place and while it is 10 years old it seems just as fresh as yesterday....Wow 10 years is a long time and it sure went by fast but it was great to remember some old cyber friends I haven't thought about for a long time like Dietrich, read the (Dear Dietrich) thread sometime for some really good laughs....Dietrich RIP was a very special person, much missed here and then there is Jocko, Zena, Jlottmc, mr surveyor and itxi who has also crossed over.....I hope ya'll will read through it and see why Kahrtalk is not just your average gun forum but is a family....
    Last edited by getsome; 05-28-2020 at 08:38 PM.

So far, as I am "new" here, Kahr Talk seems like a pretty solid forum. I got spoiled, the first forum I joined was Parallax Bills Milsurp Rifle Forum which was the cream of "nice places to be" but it's fallen by the wayside as to traffic, starting about 2008.

Some other forums I will not mention I will never return to. One would think a gun forum would be a pretty libertarian place and welcoming to all but some gun forums are just hostile places, people attack each other with all manner of insults and there is even bullying by moderators. At least one gun forum was so homophobic I don't want to be associated with it. Few gay jokes are one thing but to attack members and brag about one's biased treatment of people due to their sexual orientation...disgusting.

But anyway, KahrTalk seems like a good place....so far.

Quote Originally Posted by getsome View Post
    Ok I was dumpster diving in the Kahrtalk basement because working from home gets a little boring and not much was going on around here so I dug up this gem from the archives....This thread pretty much sums up why Kahrtalk is such a special place and while it is 10 years old it seems just as fresh as yesterday....Wow 10 years is a long time and it sure went by fast but it was great to remember some old cyber friends I haven't thought about for a long time like Dietrich, read the (Dear Dietrich) thread sometime for some really good laughs....Dietrich RIP was a very special person, much missed here and then there is Jocko, Zena, Jlottmc, mr surveyor and itxi who has also crossed over.....I hope ya'll will read through it and see why Kahrtalk is not just your average gun forum but is a family....
    Can you confirm that itxi has crossed over. I suspect it is the case but I've not found any way to confirm that.
    Dietrich was indeed a gem, loved that guy. Zena was one of my first cyber brides, along with MX5Fan? Have to look that one up. Actually contacted them a few years back. Old times.......
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Wow flash from the past....I miss Dietrich.
    "Life Member NRA"
    I am addicted to brake fluid...don't worry I can STOP at anytime!

I can't confirm that itxi passed and shouldn't have said that he had without being positive but the last we heard it didn't sound good and he hasn't posted anything since so it's an assumption on my part....I hope I'm wrong, I miss the guy...

Assumption on my part as well, figure it's so but I'd sure like to confirm. I miss the guy too.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

If he did, then he doesn’t have to put up with those relatives of his any more.
    I miss him too.
    A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition
    -Rudyard Kipling

Even if said in jest, there no "so far" to it. KahrTalk is a good place and has proved itself over the years. It's the only forum I check every day and I will continue to do so.

^^^^^^Truth^^^^^^
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan