Mitch Rosen   Crimsontrace   Kahr Shop   Magnum Research new

Thread: New PM9 range report and a question

Post New PM9 range report and a question

Greetings! Picked up a PM9 a few weeks ago...

Only one trip to the range so far for 200 rd break-in. My wife had two rounds nosedive with CCI Blazer 147gr, the rest of that box ran fine for me. Otherwise we ran through ~250 rounds in a couple hours without issue. I think I'll stay away from the Blazer aluminum, clean the mags, and maybe let the wife practice more.

I was thinking about picking up a few 8-round mags, would anyone have pictures of how far they protrude from the grip, or any solution for adding grip extension to the 8-round mag?

I don't recall anybody using the 8rd mag on a PM9. I know some have had problems with the 7rd mags, although I do fine with my two. As for grip extensions, I have them on my 7rd mags but haven't seen them for 8rd. Of course you can use what I got and just have the mag hang a bit from there.

They are A&G Magazine Spacer from eCop Police Supply and cost $16.
    •"Everything will be okay in the end. If it's not okay, it's not the end." - O. L.
    • "America's not at war; her military is. America's at the mall."

I suppose it would look a bit silly with an 8-round mag hanging out the grip. I noticed that all Kahr 9mm mags would work and thought the larger capacity would be nice for the range.

That grip you have is nice but I think I prefer the look of the Kahr extension. I'm not going to worry about a grip and just order the K920. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by skidplate View Post
    Greetings! Picked up a PM9 a few weeks ago...

Only one trip to the range so far for 200 rd break-in. My wife had two rounds nosedive with CCI Blazer 147gr, the rest of that box ran fine for me. Otherwise we ran through ~250 rounds in a couple hours without issue. I think I'll stay away from the Blazer aluminum, clean the mags, and maybe let the wife practice more.

I was thinking about picking up a few 8-round mags, would anyone have pictures of how far they protrude from the grip, or any solution for adding grip extension to the 8-round mag?
    How do you like that holster? Which mag extension do you have on the gun pictured?

Holster is awesome. It's a Garrett silent thunder iwb coyote which tends to better match my wardrobe. I forget that I'm carrying when I have it on.

The extension is from PEARCE. I added a bit of grip tape to it.

Nice match of the grain on the grip with the Pearce extension.

Quote Originally Posted by skidplate View Post
    I suppose it would look a bit silly with an 8-round mag hanging out the grip. I noticed that all Kahr 9mm mags would work and thought the larger capacity would be nice for the range.

I bought a couple of the 8 round mags, and they work fine with the PM9. They do stick out quite a bit, but the extra capacity does cut down a bit on reloading time on the range. You could also carry one as a higher capacity reload with the 6 round flush mag as your primary.
    NRA Benefactor Life Member

I love my COUNTRY...but I don't trust my GOVERNMENT.

I made a post on these:

http://kahrtalk.com/showthread.php?t...=9mm+magazines

I've had no problems at all with the 8-round extended grip magazines. I have 4 now and they are great for the range and home defense. I also carry the largest Kahr extended grip magazines for CCW reloads.

Ivanhoe charges only $5 shipping for your order:

http://www.ivanhoeoutlet.com/shop/in...id=13&subid=36

Wynn
    USAF Retired '88, NRA Life Member. Wife USAF Retired '96
    Avatar: Wynn re-enlists his wife Desiree, circa 1988 Loring AFB, ME. 42nd BMW, Heavy (SAC) B-52G's
    Frédéric Bastiat’s essay, The Law: http://mises.org/books/thelaw.pdf

Thomas Jefferson said

“A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.”
    and

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".