Mitch Rosen   Tommy Gun   Xssights   Kahr Shop

Thread: +P ammo. 7 rd Mags. Neither work

Default +P ammo. 7 rd Mags. Neither work

I tried some +P ammo, 230 gr Ranger T series, and 185gr Golden Sabre, in my CW45, and neither one worked worth a damn, nose dives, and the nose getting stuck to the top of the chamber were the malfunctions. Ian is sending me a new recoil spring to see if that helps any.
    I also tried my 7 round mags, and none of the 3 would feed a whole mag, I had instances where is failed to pick up a round, and the same problems encountered with the +P stuff.
    I made sure I wasn't limp wristing to eliminate that. It seems like the 2nd and 3rd rounds would not feed, the last 3 or 4 always shoot fine.
    Ian said to return the mags and he'd exchange them, but I want to try the new recoil spring first, and I find it hard to believe that I would have 3 bad mags. Ian also suggested to make sure the mag didn't come loose as I was shooting causing the failures to pick up a round. I was shooting them with WWB ammo, which feeds reliably from the 6 round mags I have.
    If I can't get the 7 round mags to work, Ian wants me to send the gun back, dangit, with the 7 round mags.
    Tom
    Live today, tomorrow may not come!
    Boberg XR9S
    Kahr CW40
    Springfield Armory 1911
    Dan Wesson Revolver

HY*NDAI is to cars, what Caracal, Hi-Point, and Jennings is to handguns. The cars may or may not run ok, but the corporation SUCKS.

I consider the 185 grain Golden Saber to be, if not the best, in the top 3 best feeding .45 ACP JHP bullets. And the 230 Golden Saber is one of the other two. It feeds as well as FMJ in my finicky Kimber Classic. I'm hoping the recoil spring solves your problems.

I think the Golden Sabres would have worked fine if they hadn't been +P
    Tom
    Live today, tomorrow may not come!
    Boberg XR9S
    Kahr CW40
    Springfield Armory 1911
    Dan Wesson Revolver

HY*NDAI is to cars, what Caracal, Hi-Point, and Jennings is to handguns. The cars may or may not run ok, but the corporation SUCKS.

I'm curious what that would have to do with it. I have both, and they are identical in appearance and overall length.

I get 1103 fps out of my Kimber with the +p 185 grain, 1066 fps with the non +p, so they are not worlds apart.

But ya never know. The difference MAY be more meaningful in your CW45.

Good luck.