CrossBreed Holsters   Mitch Rosen   Crimsontrace   Tommy Gun Shop

Thread: Night Sight Question

Default Night Sight Question

I was thinking of adding night sights to my CW9, what are your thoughts on the William Fire Sights? From the pictures I am not sure about the uncovered fiber optic. How do they compare to the Trijicon sights and the others on the Kahr site? I would send the slide into Kahr for the installation.

Thanks for your input.

Do you want the sights to do target practice at night?
    Mesa, AZ. (5 miles west of Rio Salado Sporstmans Club)
    P220s (3), G17(Competition), MK9(New to me CCW), Benelli M2, RRA ARs (18" Rifle gas, 20" Competiton)
    Best saying I've seen in a tagline: "I'd like to leave this world the same way as I came in: Screaming and covered in someone else's blood".

Fiber optic sights have to have light to work properly. They do not glow in the dark.

I ordered and installed the trijicon front sight for my CW9. Installation was a snap and it truly does glow in the dark! Plus my regular practice groups have tightened up. YMMV
    On the internet, the number of posts do not correlate to actual knowledge.
    The notch is supposed to be there as well as the bulge at the front of the frame!
    You can't stop insane people from doing insane things by passing insane laws.

Could be wrong, but I understand the fiber optic enhance the daytime and low light picture, but are not in-the-dark sights. Trijicon are true glow-in-the-dark sights of the same material as used in some watches.

It has low level radiation material with a half life of about 7 years and slowly loose their brightness over that time. From what I'm seen, they do show up in the dark but are not bright like a light bulb, not that you'd want them to be.

Either should be an enhancement but you may want to search on them in the forum to get other perspectives. Some have reported them breaking off of the CW9.
    •"Everything will be okay in the end. If it's not okay, it's not the end." - O. L.
    • "America's not at war; her military is. America's at the mall."

Thanks for all the input guys, might try it myself. Think I will wait a bit though there does seem to be some issues with them or according to the posts here in the forums

The green Trijicon Tritium sights have a half-life of 12 years and are guaranteed for that long by Trijicon. The yellow are maybe 7 years. I had my K9's re-lamped by Trijicon just after 12 years for $18 a lamp... $54 for front and rear, including return shipping for my slide... a great deal.

Wynn
    USAF Retired '88, NRA Life Member. Wife USAF Retired '96
    Avatar: Wynn re-enlists his wife Desiree, circa 1988 Loring AFB, ME. 42nd BMW, Heavy (SAC) B-52G's
    Frédéric Bastiat’s essay, The Law: http://mises.org/books/thelaw.pdf

Thomas Jefferson said

“A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.”
    and

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".