Xssights   Mitch Rosen   Crimsontrace   Magnum Research new
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CW45 today

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default CW45 today

Picked up a CW45 today. I have had a CW9 which is my main carry for a couple of years. I shot about 20 rounds in it this afternoon when I got home. Wow, loud - did anyone say anything. I know pretty stupid to shoot without hearing protection. I have a couple of 1911's and this thing is twice as loud. Did someone say something, must just be that ringing I have in my ears. No it really did shoot well and I think after I get a hundred or so through it, probably will be my new carry. Was a little hesitant to start with on the 45 but figured if there is any problem Kahr will fix it right. Bud's had them for $371 shipped so I stopped by my small local dealer Monday morning and he said he could get me one out the door for $399. Came in yesterday, so I am a happy camper today.

hearing protectors are a must. only takes a few improper rounds to screw up ur hearing. I ruined mine 50 years ago when it was not macho, nor let alone not even around much HEARING PROTECTORS.
    . My PM9 has over 40,000+ rounds through it, and runs much better than an illegal trying to get across our border

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

That sounds like you got a good deal for OTD!

I would save my ears for absolute self defense, though. Shooting without protection can ruin your hearing! I wish I still had all of mine! I use earplugs AND "muffs" rated at -31dB protection. I just got back from the range where I shot my PM45... 200 rounds of 230-gr FMJ and 6 rounds 230-gr Gold Dots Short Barrel.

My ears always ring... tinnitus and high frequency loss... more HF loss in the left ear, so my direction sensing for beepers and alarms sucks.

Take care of your hearing.

Wynn
    USAF Retired '88, NRA Life Member. Wife USAF Retired '96
    Avatar: Wynn re-enlists his wife Desiree, circa 1988 Loring AFB, ME. 42nd BMW, Heavy (SAC) B-52G's
    Frédéric Bastiat’s essay, The Law: http://mises.org/books/thelaw.pdf

Thomas Jefferson said

“A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.”
    and

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".

I can attest to hearing loss sucking big time. Although I figure mine was far more from motorcycles and mostly drag strips and working on cars, the end result is the same.
    My right ear no longer communicates with my brain, just a constant dial tone (tinitus). The left is probably only 20%. Pretty bad.
    I can pull out my hearing aid outside the indoor range by the counter and it's like one of those old Lincoln car commercials, don't hear a sound.
    When I turn on the shower and I can hear the water, it's an oh crap moment cause I left the hearing machine in.

It does have some minor advantages when you don't want to hear whats being said which I seem to encounter more and more frequently in recent times.

At least I can still see pretty good at least far away so they can't write a book about me and call it Bawanna Keller.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    I can pull out my hearing aid outside the indoor range by the counter and it's like one of those old Lincoln car commercials, don't hear a sound.

When I turn on the shower and I can hear the water, it's an oh crap moment cause I left the hearing machine in.
    Did somebody call me??

I thought I must be the only one who steps into the shower with hearing aids on. I think I've been lucky so far as I jump out when I hear the water, but one is getting a tad flaky. Now I can hear the water without them but it's like a normal hearing water sound. With aids it's a loud hissing sounds that's very distinctive.

I add my voice to wear protectors and probably double protectors for the 45. That is the foam in the ear things plus the over the ear things. You can say that it's still okay when under 50 but even if you stop being around loud noise can loose it later.
    •"Everything will be okay in the end. If it's not okay, it's not the end." - O. L.
    • "America's not at war; her military is. America's at the mall."

Continued good luck with your new CW45. So you're coming back to Kahr having once owned a CW9?

Checked a CW45 out several weeks ago at a LGS. Grip was to tall for me as I prefer pinky under on my carry guns (P3AT, PM9 & G26). Also, more grip than what I want carrying AIWB. Short grip guns, for me anyways, conceal much better when one appendix carries.
    "I hate quotations. Tell me what you know."
    Ralph Waldo Emerson

Thanks for the replies guys. Yeah I have worked in and out of textile mills for about 35 years. I started before hearing protection was required, know better than to go shoot like that but forgot since I was excited to fire a few rounds. Bill I still carry my CW9 most days when I have something on me. I like to carry in the small of my back. My favorite pistol to shoot is a 1911 but to big to carry. I really the CW's to shoot as well as carry.

I love my CW45. It's so nice to shoot. I was at the range the other week and after I shot a few rounds, I had this guy beside be ask, What is that you're shooting. Is that a .45? I told him yes, it's a .45. The man I guess was surprised that a little women like me was shooting something with so much ass in it and that was so loud. But it sure was fun. My CW45 shoots like a dream. The only issue I have with it is the button on the right side of the slide that I keep hitting and keeps the slide from locking back when magazine is empty. I have to remember that it is there, but with my short fingers, it doesn't always work.

I contoured that slide lever pin that protrudes on the right side to be fluish with the fame with my trusty dremel. I can still get the lever out of the frame buy working only on the left side and slipping a flat thin peace under the slide lock lever. works perfect, actualy I think that button sticks out to damn much anyways. U can also just file it down and then cold blue it . If u drap up my jockops custom PM9 on this forum u can see the flush right side pin that I just contoured to be flush..

or just cut of fthe finger that is causing the issue, or bend it backwards when shooting and tape it in place..
    . My PM9 has over 40,000+ rounds through it, and runs much better than an illegal trying to get across our border

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

Quote Originally Posted by jocko View Post
    I contoured that slide lever pin that protrudes on the right side to be fluish with the fame with my trusty dremel. I can still get the lever out of the frame buy working only on the left side and slipping a flat thin peace under the slide lock lever. works perfect, actualy I think that button sticks out to damn much anyways. U can also just file it down and then cold blue it . If u drap up my jockops custom PM9 on this forum u can see the flush right side pin that I just contoured to be flush..

or just cut of fthe finger that is causing the issue, or bend it backwards when shooting and tape it in place..
    LOL, I don't think I want to cut my finger off Jocko...I just have to remember not to touch it that pin.