Crimsontrace   Magnum Research new   Mitch Rosen   Tommy Gun Shop
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Is my magazine spring in backwards from Kahr?

Default Is my magazine spring in backwards from Kahr?

I was reading the prep sticky and took apart my magazine. I looked in the owners manual and the photo show the spring the opposite way.
    I attached a picture of how mine in installed asking for epert opinion is it in backwards??
    Attached Images Attached Images

Yup it's backwards. Flip it over front to back and you'll undoubtedly have a more harmonious outcome at the range.

Good catch.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

gilfo:
    Welcome
    what B said
    ...and remove the screen if your are going to test fire out that window. (get that screen fixed)

sorry for what I typed right there,
    Tilos

Thanks, I thought it looked funny

Default report back after shooting

Mine came from the factory the same as your photo...I havent had a single failure of any kind, I'm leaving the spring the way the factory installed it.Please update us all when you try it out at the range. Did you have any issues with the way it functioned prior to taking the mag apart to see the way yours was installed? The diagrams in the manual show it both ways if you look at all the pics for all models

Quote Originally Posted by gilfo View Post
    I was reading the prep sticky and took apart my magazine. I looked in the owners manual and the photo show the spring the opposite way.
    I attached a picture of how mine in installed asking for epert opinion is it in backwards??
    I'm of the opinion that you can't really tell from those photos if the spring is installed correctly. As shown, if I were to compare it with a spring out of my CW9, I would tend to think it's installed the right way, but that's not definitive. How the spring is oriented at the follower determines whether the spring is installed correctly or not. To be installed correctly, the spring should have the upper most portion of it oriented towards the front of the follower (see photo below):

Regards,
    Greg

I been pondering on this all morning and found I was thinking like GB, his post just reinforced that I spoke too soon without seeing the other end.. It's the top that has to be angled properly with the follower. The bottom usually is on the same plane but apparently not so in this case.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Maybe Jocko or Hoghunter please chime in

Jocko is on temporary hiatus for a couple weeks.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

You can see the hooks are on the bottom in GB's pic of the spring. That hook needs to be pointing toward the front of the magazine follower. That is the way it is in gilfo's pic as well. So I surmise that it is indeed installed correctly.

It needs to look like this:
    IMG_1213a.jpg

NOT like this:
    IMG_1217a.jpg
    Ressom
    Glock 17 | Ruger Mark II Competition Target | Kimber Custom Eclipse II | Kel-Tec PF-9 | Kahr CM9