Mitch Rosen   Crimsontrace   Kahr Shop   Tommy Gun Shop
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Magazine bullet nose dive

does everyone have these issues with there mags, or is this just a small amount of people?

Quote Originally Posted by david8613 View Post
    does everyone have these issues with there mags, or is this just a small amount of people?
    I think it's a significant number of people, and I think it has been more common with the 7 round 9mm mags, although others have had issues too. I had two 7 round cm9 mags that both had this problem in spades. Greg's mod fixed both of them. My stock cm9 6 round mag never had this issue. My stock 6 round CW45 has not had this issue.
    I've lost my memory, and I can't remember where I put it.

Quote Originally Posted by voyager4520 View Post
    I wonder if followers from 1911 magazines of the same caliber would work in Kahr magazines?
    They do with .45 ACP, but not when I tried it with a PM40 magazine. The 1911 magazine well is too much larger front to back than the opening in the grip of a Kahr. As a result, the follower jams between the front and back walls of the Kahr magazine tube. Oh well . . .
    It would be so nice if something made sense for a change.
    -- Alice in Lewis Carroll's Alice's Adventures in Wonderland

I found a vid on YouTube of a guy who was hammering his mags so they can drop free, but I can't find it anymore anyone know the vid I'm talking about? ps one part of the I didn't like though was he was hammering a loaded mag. lucky no KABOOM!

Quote Originally Posted by TucsonMTB View Post
    They do with .45 ACP, but not when I tried it with a PM40 magazine. The 1911 magazine well is too much larger front to back than the opening in the grip of a Kahr. As a result, the follower jams between the front and back walls of the Kahr magazine tube. Oh well . . .
    There are 1911 magazines for 1911's made in 9mm and .40. I doubt the whole magazines would work in a Kahr but the followers may work in Kahr magazine tubes.
    Last edited by voyager4520; 05-17-2012 at 07:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by voyager4520 View Post
    There are 1911 magazines for 1911's made in 9mm and .40. I doubt the whole magazines would work in a Kahr but the followers may work in Kahr magazine tubes.
    Let us know if you find one that does, please. Here are the three that I have looked at:

I started by cutting down a regular 1911 magazine follower. It was too large (front to back) to fit in the Kahr magazine tube and a little wide. Filing it to the proper width and removing material from the front to solve the front to back dimension problem was easy, but it still jammed in the Kahr tube because it does not have a skirt.

The Tripp Research follower (pictured above) is metal and has a skirt. But it is too large (front to back) to fit in the Kahr magazine tube. I have one of these in hand but could not find a way to shorten the front to back dimension because of all the folded metal.

The Wilson Combat 9mm follower is available as a kit with their mag spring and is also too large (front to back). The plastic construction might make it possible to cut it down. But, it doesn't look like it would work any better than the Kahr follower. And, it is still plastic, like the Kahr follower, so probably still breakable by feed ramp impacts. I did not purchase one of these followers, so that's just conjecture. Feel free to try it if you have one in hand.

Hopefully, you will have better luck than I have.
    It would be so nice if something made sense for a change.
    -- Alice in Lewis Carroll's Alice's Adventures in Wonderland