Kahr Shop   Xssights   Crimsontrace   Tommy Gun Shop
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cleaning and Lubricating

Quote Originally Posted by MO_Soldier View Post
    Now...I'm all for frugality, like some people have mentioned using cheaper industrial types of grease or lubricants. But I can't ignore performance or reliability either. When it comes down to it, do those industrial lubes work as well and reliably as these expensive gun oils?

My thought is, 'How could they be selling these oils so expensive if there was no difference?'
    In a word, hype.
    Never trust anyone who doesn't trust you to own a gun.

Life Member - NRA
    Colt Gold Cup 70 series
    Colt Woodsman
    Ruger Mark III .22-45
    Kahr CM9
    Kahr P380

Hi; just wondering if it's was ok to mist oil into the inside of the frame and trigger area; on a p380 and others, using Rem-oil spray? thanks John

The oil is cheap, the overhead of labor, building, advertising, distributor markups is expensive. I worked for a few weeks in a friends Foster Freeze and learned the the syrup in a tall $.75 (in 1964) coke was $.04 and that was the store price. The distributor made his money also.

When you buy TW25 gun lube, the .5 oz needle is $10. The 1.5 oz tube is $12 and the 4 oz tube is $24. Granted the needle applicator itself cost more than the empty tube, but it costs $20 per oz. The 4oz tube cost $6 per oz. So would you pay $14 for an empty needle applicator? That's why I say buy 1 needle applicator and a tube of TW25 and refill the applicator when it runs out and refilling is stupid simple to do.
    •"Everything will be okay in the end. If it's not okay, it's not the end." - O. L.
    • "America's not at war; her military is. America's at the mall."

I use Militec and performed the "bake" procedure three times. Makes a huge difference opposed to just wiping on with out heating.

I start with the proper "thanks for your service" as well. My dad was in the service at the tail end of WWII and then stayed in the USAF for most of the Cold War so I grew up in a military environment and understand & appreciate the sacrifice ya'll have made.

Lots of good advice in here and in the links mentioned. The only thing I'll add is for cleaners I like to use the M-Pro 7 cleaner: http://www.mpro7.com/ It cleans my CW9 very well and has the additional benefit of being non-toxic and without odor. So for example my wife lets me clean my gun up in the living room with her watching TV rather than banishing me down to the basement with my other junk. The only problem is that it isn't in a pressurized can like the brake cleaner so instead I just blow out that hole with a little compressed air can easily available at Walmart.
    Ray

NRA Endowment Life Member
    SAF Life Member

The remington dry spray should be no mess if that is ur desire. I think I would go with Tucson MTB, ut it where needed and not just everywhere BUT it ain't gonna hurt a thing ether..
    . My PM9 has over 40,000+ rounds through it, and runs much better than an illegal trying to get across our border

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY