I just added the crowning piece to the holster collection for my polished CM9. Got it in the mail this afternoon. I ordered it from James Dean Gunleather (JLAUDIO29 on Kahrtalk) about 4 weeks ago, but we decided to wait until his friend who owns a CM9 got back in town on 10/22 so we could get the best fit. So, turnaround time was really less than 2 weeks. And he would not accept payment until the holster was completed and ready to ship. Shows what kind of an upstanding person he is.

The holster is an IWB with 2 snap belt loops, made out of Herman Oak leather and hand stitched. The fit is perfect. The molding is beautiful. The hand stitching is done perfectly and snugged up so it is recessed to protect the thread. The edges of the leather are rounded, smoothed and finished just as well as the rest of the leather. And the finish is a deep, rich black.

This holster is very comfortable, with a small but perfectly shaped sweat shield and a perfect cant for drawing from just behind the hip. It sits just high enough to clear the waistline, and is very stable with the 2 widely spaced belt loops. The reinforced mouth stays open for easy reholstering. The gun sits tight against the body and there is good combat grip access.

The talent, expertise, quality materials and hand workmanship that James puts into his holsters positions him on the mountain top with a very few of the very best holster makers. I think he could charge a lot more than I paid for this superb holster. It is a work of art!

Needless to say, I am extremely pleased with this purchase! After months of shopping, searching, picking up leads from other forum members and learning everything I can about holsters, I found a rare work of art—a Mona Lisa that I can enjoy for the rest of my life.

I plan on taking some good pics of this holster with my gun in it. But for now, here are the nice front and back pics that James sent me when the holster was ready.