Crimsontrace   Tommy Gun   Xssights   Tommy Gun Shop
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Problems addressed and corrected by Kahr

Default Problems addressed and corrected by Kahr

I've been a big Kahr fan for awhile now, owning a PM9 with ZERO problems and superb performance.
    Recently bought a PM45 however, and its been one problem after the other.
    The factory fixed the jam/stovepipe issue (was jamming about 20% of the time) and when the gun was returned to me it performed flawlessly.
    After returning home though I noticed that not one but BOTH of my magazines had fatigue cracks on one of the edge corners (same edge, each mag). I had noticed that they felt a little snug when inserting into the gun, but didn't investigate til I got home.
    Kahr refuses to send me replacements until they receive the defective mags - pretty standard - but they won't deviate from shipping everything ground so it will be another 10 days or so before I can actually use this gun.
    I bought it a month ago and have not been able to depend on it for personal carry at all.
    I have been a walking talking advertisement for the PM9 - I can't do the same for the PM45 unfortunately.
    Kahr's lack of desire to step outside of the box and try to make things right with me (quickly) is a major disappointment for me. I asked for a supervisor's name and contacted him, but he hasn't responded at all. I was hoping to speak to a higher-up to hopefully expedite this process, but they won't reply.

I feel that I should share this experience at least as freely as I have shared my satisfaction with my PM9.

Before you buy a Kahr, you may want to do some extra homework. Don't hesitate to contact me to see how this PM45 saga pans out if you want to.

thanks for reading.
    Last edited by deanp1964; 11-10-2011 at 10:49 AM. Reason: edited title due to good C.S. on part of Kahr Arms

What part of the world do you live in Dean? I have a spare, I'll send it to you, send it back when you get your new ones.

Might be more economical to let your PM9 handle the carry duty while you wait but I'll send it if it helps.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

You won't get a better deal than Bawanna's offer and he's a man of his word. Highly respected in these parts.

Also welcome to the Kahr forum Dean! Of course Kahr doesn't make their own mags and has had your issue now and then. They want to make sure they get them back to put in the face of their supplier and hopefully get the root cause fixed.
    •"Everything will be okay in the end. If it's not okay, it's not the end." - O. L.
    • "America's not at war; her military is. America's at the mall."

Exactly; I was meaning to thank Bawanna for letting me borrow his PM45 until I get my own. But then I woke up...
    Man of steel - Kahr T9, CZ75

Quote Originally Posted by JohnR View Post
    Exactly; I was meaning to thank Bawanna for letting me borrow his PM45 until I get my own. But then I woke up...
    Well I sure hope you send it back when you wake up enough to realize I sent it to ya. Don't cotton to folks what borrow stuff and don't send it back.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

I'll even clean it before sending it back.
    Man of steel - Kahr T9, CZ75

I know that's frustrating and hope you can get it resolved quickly. I'll be watching this as I'm planning on buying a pm45 in February or early March
    Kahr PM9,480 Ruger Super Redhawk, 357 mag GP100,45 acp Springfield Mil-spec stainless and a whole pile of long guns

thanks all for the response and sensible, supportive ideas.
    thanks especially to Bawanna - what a GENEROUS offer for sure. I'd take you up on it too, but I just found 3 1911 mags in my gun bag that I just tested and they work well. Protrude a bit from the bottom, but nothing that prevents me from carry. (plus I do have the PM9 if I choose to carry that)

Its just that this particular PM45 has been nothing but trouble and I'm really surprised/disappointed that Kahr can't see fit to send me mags overnight. They just returned the gun to me last week - it had multiple defects. ...now the magazines...

thanks again

(i'm in El Paso, TX by the way)

dean1964, please give the PM45 and Kahr a chance. I'm a fully satisfied PM9 owner with dreams of obtaining a PM45 next. Personally, I think Kahr should be working on a remedy with their magazine issues, especially since they don't produce those magazines. My guess is they will either begin producing their OWN magazines, or they will go with another supplier if their current supplier doesn't straighten up and fly right!

For the record, I feel completely confident and safe with my PM9 until can afford a larger caliber like a PM45.
    God is good, ALL the time!

Quote Originally Posted by sierrajb View Post
    dean1964, please give the PM45 and Kahr a chance. I'm a fully satisfied PM9 owner with dreams of obtaining a PM45 next. Personally, I think Kahr should be working on a remedy with their magazine issues, especially since they don't produce those magazines. My guess is they will either begin producing their OWN magazines, or they will go with another supplier if their current supplier doesn't straighten up and fly right!

For the record, I feel completely confident and safe with my PM9 until can afford a larger caliber like a PM45.
    agreed - maybe you didn't notice in my original post that I own a PM9 - have had it for almost 6 years, and love it. I've promoted the hell out of it to other gun owners as well. From my point of view, I'm giving Kahr one heckuva a chance. I'm only stating ALL of the facts. I'll continue to do so, especially if Kahr sees fit to take an extra step towards satisfaction instead of the ho-hum approach I've experienced thus far.

I cannot recommend the PM45 today. That's the simple truth.