Magnum Research new   Crimsontrace   Kahr Shop   Tommy Gun Shop
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CrossBreed or Galco copy-cat?

Default CrossBreed or Galco copy-cat?

I purchased a Galco King Tuk for my Glock 26 and was very impressed with the feel of wearing the holster and the fit of the pistol in the Kydex...So I bought another one that they said was for a PM9...WRONG...even though is says "fits a PM9" on the package, it is really molded for a 3" 1911. When mine came for the PM9 I was very disappointed because the PM9 was very loose in the kydex and would fall out of the holster if you turned it upside down. I emailed Galco Customer Service and got an attitude from a custiomer service rep. Tim S. I quickly boxed it back up and sent it on its way back to Optics Planet.
    Now I am considering a CrossBreed Mini Tuk. I don't like the cosses on the clips though. I would rather not draw attention to the clips.
    Does anyone have experience with the CrossBreed and th PM9?

I had one and sold it a week later, just too much bulk for me - went with a Silent Thunder and never looked back.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

Thunder71 is right. You just don't need all that bulky holster for a really small gun like the PM9. I have a CM9 and I found a holster for $40 shipped that makes itself and the holster disappear from your consciousness when you are wearing it! It is not just comfortable. You don't even feel it or the gun there. The mass of the gun just vanishes. When you get up and move around, you don't feel a weight there or anything. It is the P. J. Holster Clip On Belt Loop Holster. The maker, Coach Paul, is a great guy who will work to make a holster right for you. Here is a couple of pics of one fitted to a Walther PPS. Notice how this holster is ultra thin and not one mm bigger than it needs to be in any dimension.

Very interesting...

Rainman48314 Guest

Default Have three in that style..

Quote Originally Posted by hoot View Post
    I purchased a Galco King Tuk for my Glock 26 and was very impressed with the feel of wearing the holster and the fit of the pistol in the Kydex...So I bought another one that they said was for a PM9...WRONG...even though is says "fits a PM9" on the package, it is really molded for a 3" 1911. When mine came for the PM9 I was very disappointed because the PM9 was very loose in the kydex and would fall out of the holster if you turned it upside down. I emailed Galco Customer Service and got an attitude from a custiomer service rep. Tim S. I quickly boxed it back up and sent it on its way back to Optics Planet.
    Now I am considering a CrossBreed Mini Tuk. I don't like the cosses on the clips though. I would rather not draw attention to the clips.
    Does anyone have experience with the CrossBreed and th PM9?
    I like the style. It works well. I don't want the decorative crosses. Check out Tommy at Theis Holsters. Top notch service and build time.

http://theisholsters.com/index.php

Yup I just received my Theis holster on Thursday. It took 10 days from the order to mailbox. I got the horsehide with kydex clips for $65 shipped and Tommy is amazing!

http://i.imgur.com/pzhaV.jpg

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk

+1 for pjholster if you are going with kydex. everything jfootin said.

Default Best Way to Wear Silent Thunder?

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder71 View Post
    I had one and sold it a week later, just too much bulk for me - went with a Silent Thunder and never looked back.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk
    Hey,Thunder71. I've read several of your posts and it's clear that you really like your ST. I just received one in the mail yesterday and been experimenting with different ways to carry it while wearing a dress shirt (tucked in, of course) with slacks.

As a right-hander, I'm finding the best location (so far) is about the 4:00 position, just between my right front pocket and right rear pocket. It doesn't print until I bend over forward, causing the back of my shirt to tighten.

I have a small belly that makes it uncomfortable to wear in the front. How are you wearing your ST with the PM9?
    God is good, ALL the time!

if you aren't dead set on kydex, another option similar to the CB style, but with leather for a smoother draw, more comfortable and form fitting shape, and less wear on the finish is a the grizzle city slicker, and it just so happens i have one in new condition for sale

http://kahrtalk.com/showthread.php?t=8938

Quote Originally Posted by sierrajb View Post
    Hey,Thunder71. I've read several of your posts and it's clear that you really like your ST. I just received one in the mail yesterday and been experimenting with different ways to carry it while wearing a dress shirt (tucked in, of course) with slacks.

As a right-hander, I'm finding the best location (so far) is about the 4:00 position, just between my right front pocket and right rear pocket. It doesn't print until I bend over forward, causing the back of my shirt to tighten.

I have a small belly that makes it uncomfortable to wear in the front. How are you wearing your ST with the PM9?
    As a lefty, I wear mine at about 8:00 so that falls right in line with your preferred location... just seems to sit well there. Sometimes it's closer to 8:30 depending on the pants/day.

Lemme add a plug for Kurtis at shieldedholsters.com. I have the single-clip leather/kydex holster for my PM9. It's incredibly comfortable. The PM9 isn't so heavy that the reduced width of the single clip IWB (compared to a double clip) makes it a cinch to put on and take off and adjust. I wear mine about 3:30-4:00 and it really disappears. Prices are reasonable and includes shipping. I just ordered a double clip holster for my XDM... placed the order on Saturday and it was in my hands in 6 days.

I also recommend doing the combat cut (removal of leather behind the grip of the firearm) as this allows me to get a comfortable full grip on the PM9 before drawing. Some say it sacrifices comfort, but I don't notice a difference at all, especially with a firearm as small as a PM9.

Mike
    Last edited by mikedmd; 10-16-2011 at 12:57 PM. Reason: Added info