Magnum Research new   Tommy Gun   Kahr Shop   Tommy Gun Shop
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Problems addressed and corrected by Kahr

El Paso? They make picante sauce down there don't they? You dip chips and put it on tacos and stuff. Kind a nice to live someplace famous like that I reckon and in Texas to boot.

You surely (I know, I know, I am serious and don't call me Shirley.) want to try those 1911 mags for function. Some feed and function fine. Many don't lock open when empty, not a big deal to me. Wilson's work perfect in mine but it could be just a lucky match up for me.

Be patient with Kahr, that PM45 is worth it in the end.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

I received this email from Jay at Kahr today:

Good morning. We did receive the magazines yesterday and we turned
    them around the same day. The FedEx tracking number is 4598 7504 ****. I
    hope this information helps
    sincerely,
    Jay
    Kahr Customer Service
    508-795- 3919
    www.kahr.com
    www.tommygun.com

----------
    they turned around the replacements the same day they received the defective magazines, AND sent them 2nd day delivery instead of ground delivery.
    I'm very pleased with this -and am eager to get the new mags. (I'll probably run another 150 rounds or so through the gun this weekend)

Pretty pleased with Kahr today!
    Kahr PM9 & PM45 - other favorites include Taurus model 65 & Keltec P32 - Firestorm 1911

I love a happy ending!
    •"Everything will be okay in the end. If it's not okay, it's not the end." - O. L.
    • "America's not at war; her military is. America's at the mall."

Sometimes it's a long drawn out ordeal to get one of these polymer Kahrs working properly and reliable for CCW, but it's worth the trouble. I wanted this compact, powerful pistol for CCW, and though it took longer for mine to get into reliable condition(four returns to the mothership and a few overnighted parts), it's still my favorite EDC, though sometimes I still carry my PM9 because it's the smallest and a bit easier to hide.

It's within a foot of my left knee at my computer desk and ready with 7+1... and a few reloads next to it... Boomer... one-time "Franken-Boomer".

Wynn
    USAF Retired '88, NRA Life Member. Wife USAF Retired '96
    Avatar: Wynn re-enlists his wife Desiree, circa 1988 Loring AFB, ME. 42nd BMW, Heavy (SAC) B-52G's
    Frédéric Bastiat’s essay, The Law: http://mises.org/books/thelaw.pdf

Thomas Jefferson said

“A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.”
    and

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by wyntrout View Post
    Sometimes it's a long drawn out ordeal to get one of these polymer Kahrs working properly and reliable for CCW, but it's worth the trouble. I wanted this compact, powerful pistol for CCW, and though it took longer for mine to get into reliable condition(four returns to the mothership and a few overnighted parts), it's still my favorite EDC, though sometimes I still carry my PM9 because it's the smallest and a bit easier to hide.

It's within a foot of my left knee at my computer desk and ready with 7+1... and a few reloads next to it... Boomer... one-time "Franken-Boomer".

Wynn
    I only have one Kahr and it's a CW9. I am overall very pleased with it, and have had it for two years...I think that it's great for CCW and I love the ergonomics of the gun. I also have added CT Laserguard to it.

However, I would hesitate to buy another Kahr because I read so much about problems with various models.

I would doubt highly that as many problems occur with a G26 or the J-frames. I do own a 442 and don't worry about reliability, even with the purported 'lock' problems that might have occurred with other j-frames.

However, if S&W were offering the 442 without the IL at the time of my purchase, I would've purchased it in lieu of my version. I do now see that S&W has accommodated the public by offering it without the lock. That was a very smart move on their part, more so from a public relations standpoint I think than anything else.

I'd basically be afraid to get my feet wet with another Kahr.

I do realize that many people on these forums are on them due to their problems or dissatisfaction, but it is a 'pain' to have to return a firearm for repair. And the frustration would be greater the higher the price of the firearm, and having to return it numerous times would completely sour me.

well, I think its indisputable that Kahr (as well as all the other firearm mfg'ers) need to continue to strive towards zero defects out the door. Its not a foreign concept by any stretch of the imagination, that's for sure. It is basically the standard in most manufacturing sectors.

Repeat problems, especially, should be eliminated.

Although I can't speak to exactly what steps Kahr is taking to acheive this - I do sense that they are working towards it.

If Kahr, or anyone intimately knowledgable with any Kahr continuous improvement endeavors could speak to this, on this forum, it might be a good idea.

In the meantime, I'm a happy Kahr owner again. (PM9 & PM45)

If I have anymore problems, KahrTalk will be the second to know.
    Kahr PM9 & PM45 - other favorites include Taurus model 65 & Keltec P32 - Firestorm 1911

Quote Originally Posted by deanp1964 View Post
    I received this email from Jay at Kahr today:

Good morning. We did receive the magazines yesterday and we turned
    them around the same day. The FedEx tracking number is 4598 7504 ****. I
    hope this information helps
    sincerely,
    Jay
    Kahr Customer Service
    508-795- 3919
    www.kahr.com
    www.tommygun.com

----------
    they turned around the replacements the same day they received the defective magazines, AND sent them 2nd day delivery instead of ground delivery.
    I'm very pleased with this -and am eager to get the new mags. (I'll probably run another 150 rounds or so through the gun this weekend)

Pretty pleased with Kahr today!
    Jay is one of the good guys and a man of his word. He help me straighten out my CM9. Your in good hands with Jay.
    Never trust anyone who doesn't trust you to own a gun.

Life Member - NRA
    Colt Gold Cup 70 series
    Colt Woodsman
    Ruger Mark III .22-45
    Kahr CM9
    Kahr P380

In the few months I have been on this forum many of the problems Kahr owners have mentioned including myself (ie slide not feeding shell into chamber) nose dives, 2nd shell not feeding etc. May be due to a poorly designed magazine. It just blows me away Kahr would build such a high quality firearm and settle on a outsource magazine that does not live up the the quality of the rest of the gun.

Think about a well made auto. BMW, Honda, Mercedes, etc. Would you be eager to invest in one of these autos if you knew they decided to have an inferior auto manufacture make the transmission? How is this any different for Kahr? They make a very solid gun but settle for a third world quality magazine.

I would like for someone at Kahr in authority to come on this forum and justify why Kahr is ok with the current magazine. Russ

Quote Originally Posted by Russ View Post
    In the few months I have been on this forum many of the problems Kahr owners have mentioned including myself (ie slide not feeding shell into chamber) nose dives, 2nd shell not feeding etc. May be due to a poorly designed magazine. It just blows me away Kahr would build such a high quality firearm and settle on a outsource magazine that does not live up the the quality of the rest of the gun.

Think about a well made auto. BMW, Honda, Mercedes, etc. Would you be eager to invest in one of these autos if you knew they decided to have an inferior auto manufacture make the transmission? How is this any different for Kahr? They make a very solid gun but settle for a third world quality magazine.

I would like for someone at Kahr in authority to come on this forum and justify why Kahr is ok with the current magazine. Russ
    You got right on the target but it ain't happened.
    I already talked to a few guys at Kahr about issues I've found from forums and do you know what are their responses?
    "We sold thousands of pistols and only few whiners complained in those forums and not all of them are true."

Quote Originally Posted by kahrlover123 View Post
    You got right on the target but it ain't happened.
    I already talked to a few guys at Kahr about issues I've found from forums and do you know what are their responses?
    "We sold thousands of pistols and only few whiners complained in those forums and not all of them are true."

Interesting. Every time I have called Kahr, their techs and sale people have been very helpful and professional...Somehow, I doubt what you posted is a direct quote.