Kahr Shop   Crimsontrace   Xssights   Magnum Research new
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cm9 guide rail question- chipout?

andyak Guest

Default Cm9 guide rail question- chipout?

2nd range trip about 300 rounds through her. Like the cm9 a lot.

2nd cleaning I notice a half round cutout hole in the front part of the left guide rail (metal rail impregnated into front of lower frame ). Can't remember if it was there before - I dont remember seeing it.

Any cm9 owners are your guide rails without any such voids? It seems smooth like it was cut out. I will attempt to attach photo later I can't figure out how from iPhone right now.
    Thanks
    Andy

It's there by design Andy. It's a reference point for the front rails metal unit in the poly mold. All Kahr poly models have them.
    •"Everything will be okay in the end. If it's not okay, it's not the end." - O. L.
    • "America's not at war; her military is. America's at the mall."

No worries, Old Lincoln nailed it.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Yep. What Mr. Lincoln said.

andyak Guest

I didn't see it in the poly photos in the tech forum showing where to oil on the rails (oil spot #10)

here is photo. Thanks - it is good to know it is intended!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Wow, that's probably the cleanest looking frame I've ever seen a picture of. Usually there's some slivers and rough spots in the polymer.

Your's looks really nice.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

andyak Guest

Gun shoots great. Only issues are takedown is much more of a pain than my xd's. Tha said, I shoot more accurately with this gun than both my xd40 full size and xd9 sc. I put the 40 on consignment. May do the same with the 9 ! And get another kahr

Once you tear it down a few times it will become much less of a pain. Rememer it's not wrong, it's just different.

I used some colorful language right at first tearing mine down also as I'm sure many here did. After awhile you do it without thought.

A friend who works for a state agency who carries Glocks as issue talked about how he hated Kahrs that several agents used instead or in addtion to because they were so hard to take apart.
    Asked if he'd ever read the manual to see how it's done and of course he hadn't.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

Wow, Kahrs being a pain to break down? Might not be as easy as a XD or a Glock. If you think Kahrs are a pain don't ever buy a 1911 or a Ruger MKIII.
    To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first and call whatever you hit the target.

SHOOT STRAIGHT, RIDE SAFE

I detail strip my SP101 every time I clean it (which is after any range trip of 50 rounds or more). You get used to it, and develop a close relationship with the gun after a while. My guns love me as much as my dog does

It's not gun control that we need, it's soul control!