CrossBreed Holsters   Xssights   Crimsontrace   Tommy Gun Shop

Thread: has anyone put XS Sights 24/7 Express sights on a TP45?

Default has anyone put XS Sights 24/7 Express sights on a TP45?

I recently purchased a TP45 and have it broken in. BTW it has been flawless and functioned with a variety of practice and carry ammo. Great weapon.
    I would like to put XS Sights 24/7 Express sights on this weapon. However when I called XS Sights they said they were not sure if their sights would have the same zero with full size (i.e. P45 & TP 45) weapons.
    Has anyone placed these sights on a TP45, and if so any problem with zero?
    Thanks.

Forum member Ljutic came thru on the cross post to the P sub-forum (as this question applied to the P models as well as the TP).
    Also got some info directly from Kahr.
    Bottom line: the XS Sights 24/7 Express sights should work with no zero issue on the P/TP models.
    I will be ordering a set and will try to post my experience after I install and shoot a bit.
    Last edited by LDM; 11-17-2011 at 08:53 AM.

Sorry it has taken so long to follow-up on this issue but family & business matters have kept me from shooting much at all for several months. I did recently have the opportunity to hit the range over two days and seriously shoot my TP 45 with Big Dots.
    I was surprised to find that Point of Impact is 3-4" BELOW Point of Aim at a range of 7-10 yards, even accounting for fact that these sights are "combat" sights and meant to be placed on top of the intended Point of Impact. I was using defensive quality ammo and not range fodder.
    Therefore I have removed these sights from my TP45 and the sights will probably go on my PM9.
    sidebar- I had spoken with someone at XS Sights before purchasing the sights, and in fairness, they told me they did not know if POI would match POA.

Repeating for emphasis and clarity: XS Sights Big Dots will fit the TP45, but I found the POI to be 3-4" below POA at a range of 7-10 yards.

Where did you find the XS sights to fit the TP45? I've been looking for them but can't find any other than for the Kahr P380.

The dovetails cuts in the TP45 are the same as other Kahrs (e,g, P45, etc.).
    Like I said in my post, I ordered form XS Sights and although the sights fit, I had a different Point of Impact than Point of Aim by about 3" low at 7-10 yards.

I called XS Sights, too. I asked them if they could cut me a deal since I wanted to buy 3 or 4 sets of sights. They said "No, sorry." Then the customer service rep told me they would set up my LGS to purchase direct from them with no minimum order. So, I passed that info along to the LGS. I'm looking forward to getting the XS sights put on my K9, T40 and TP45. Range report to follow.....

I replaced the SigLights on my P220/45 and P239/357,
    as well as the Ameriglo I-Dot Pros on my Glock G27,
    with XS 24/7 Express Big Dots.

For CQC work they are unmatched - IMHO.

Big Dot front sights live on the nose of both my J-Frame snubbies too!

On the T series I'd personally probably stick with the XS standard dot. It still is fast and clear night or day but helps a lot at the reach out distances.

It does take a little getting used to covering where you want to hit.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."