Kahr Shop   Mitch Rosen   Tommy Gun Shop   Xssights

Thread: TP9 in my "new to me" shoulder holster

Default TP9 in my "new to me" shoulder holster

Not much action on the TP threads so I thought I'd post a gratuitous picture of my TP9 in the Cobra holster I bought of a Board member here. I added a Galco Tiedown. This holster rides comfortably and stays put. Even with just a T-shirt, which is what I wear usually, the holster stays back on the shoulder without sagging or migrating into the neck as some do. The lightweight TP has replaced my Sig P232 as my shoulder holster carry as they weigh about the same.

No, I don't carry a reload.

I eventually want to own a TP45. I almost bought one but found too good of a deal on my P45. All in good time.
    "Get out of my dreams and into my Kahr"

I-Y-G

http://designlinetx.com/

Good looking rig ripley.
    How does the TP9 shoot?
    Where are we going and why am I in this hand-basket?

Nice looking rig, Ripley, but that looks like a lot of stuff to hide under a T-shirt... and to draw? And do you wear another T under that rig?
    I guess that I'm going to get a MiniTuck for my PM9. The PM9 won't fit the one I got for my still missing P380. You helped a bit with that decision about stability, etc. I want the thinnest most stable IWB for carry with my shorts down here in not-so-sunny-at-the-moment Florda... and sweat resistant. I think that I'll spring for the horse hide this time. I put some mink oil dressing on the inside of the one for the .380 -- I'm hot-natured and sweat a lot.
    I'm sending a P380 magazine to Tactical Kydex today... If I can get going. So Mitchell can make a mold for Kahr 380's before too long. I hope that he gets a Kahr 45 mag loaner to make one for that, too. He already has the Kahr 9mm/.40 covered. Are the mags the same girth for those two magazines?
    Check him out at GlockTalk Kydex magazine holders - Glock Talk . A great deal for who knows how long.
    Wynn
    USAF Retired '88, NRA Life Member. Wife USAF Retired '96
    Avatar: Wynn re-enlists his wife Desiree, circa 1988 Loring AFB, ME. 42nd BMW, Heavy (SAC) B-52G's
    Frédéric Bastiat’s essay, The Law: http://mises.org/books/thelaw.pdf

Thomas Jefferson said

“A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.”
    and

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".

How does the TP9 shoot?
    The TP shoots easy and accurate. Not as easy as the heavier T9, but close.

but that looks like a lot of stuff to hide under a T-shirt...
    I wear the holster on the T-sirt, not under. I use another garment as cover. Many shoulder holsters ride better when the shirt has a collar to prevent the straps from pulling in towards the neck.

Okay. That was what I was thinking. That would be kind of yucky having the holster and gun dangling on your bare torso. I buy over-sized, but not so much any more, Tees and polos to cover my IWB with shorts. Unfortunately, if you use much heat to dry the darn things, the polos have a tendency to get SHORTER and WIDER, making them not very good for concealment. The Minituck looks like it will hold the gun higher and tighter to the body... and securely. I know that I give my CCW away because I'm always checking to see if it's where I want it, and not about to fall on the floor. It would be my luck to drop kick it across a store floor and cause a panic!
    Wynn
    USAF Retired '88, NRA Life Member. Wife USAF Retired '96
    Avatar: Wynn re-enlists his wife Desiree, circa 1988 Loring AFB, ME. 42nd BMW, Heavy (SAC) B-52G's
    Frédéric Bastiat’s essay, The Law: http://mises.org/books/thelaw.pdf

Thomas Jefferson said

“A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.”
    and

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".