Kahr Shop   Mitch Rosen   Tommy Gun Shop   Crimsontrace
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: TP45 for ccw

Cleaned and lubed last night. Waiting on the weekend to actually shoot it. The TP45 is very easy to hide in the Supertuck. I had to adjust the ride depth and can't. Once that was done, the TP45 disappeared under a light t-shirt.

Have been able to put exactly 150 rounds through the TP45 so far. This is 100 rounds of 230gr Federal FMJ, and 50 rounds of Winchester Ranger T 230gr +p.

The TP45 has been flawless. Shots were at 7yards, 15 yards, and 25 yards. The TP45 is as accurate as the Colt XSE Government and a 1991 Combat Commander I own.

Another thing....the TP45 has LESS recoil than the all metal K9 and my 1911's.
    My right wrist has been broken twice. Once in a car wreck and once in a motorcycle crash.
    I tend to feel recoil in my wrist. The 1911's, K9, and any Glock cause pain.
    I experienced non of this with the TP45.

As you can tell, I am very happy.

nice report...
    . My PM9 has over 40,000+ rounds through it, and runs much better than an illegal trying to get across our border

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

i just picked up a tp45 and i love it! i wanted the cw45 went to 4 gun dealers by my house no one had instock! i found it online for 360.00 i was about to order to my local ffl when i said let me try two more stores went to gander moutain the sales man looked up the cw 45 and said he can order me one for 530.00 plus 70.00 transfer fee plus shipping he said u can try the shop down the road they may have for cheaper! so i went to the place no cw45 just a cw9 so i held that in my hand and it just seems to small for my big hands! so he sugest the tp45 it was 590 out the door after handling it i fell in love with it! i purchased the tp45 even tho i could of ordered a cw45 off the net for 360 it just felt way to small for me ! the over the weekend i ran 50 rounds threw it because im low on cash and i fell in love with it low recoil so acurate its just great! I'm coming from shooting a 9mm beretta 92fs which has alot more recoil and kick then my tp45! plan on putting 250 rounds threw my tp45 my next pay check to finish the break in! tp shot great no problems at all shooting cheap blazer brass ammo! i don't see how it would be to big to conceal to me the cw was just to small not knocking the cw its a great gun its just way to small for my hands ! i live in illinois and conceal carry hasnt passed yet but once it does i will be using my tp45 as my ccw ! all i need now is the rubber grip for long days at the range and plan on installing some night sights next month! tp45 is my first kahr and im in love with kahr plan on adding more to my collection in time !

You sound like a happy camper kahrcrazy13! Welcome to the forum! You got a fine weapon.

I have a question. You concluded that the CW45 was too small for your hands based on handling a CW9 in a LGS. Were you not aware that the CW45 is quite a bit larger in every dimension (l+w+h) than the CW9? It is just as wide and the grip is the same diameter as the TP45. The barrel and slide are a little shorter and the grip of the CW45 is one round shorter than the TP45. Even very large hands can get a full grip with all fingers on the CW45.

But I'm sure you will enjoy that TP45 and may be a little more accurate at the range with the longer barrel and sighting plane. As our very respected member, jocko, would say, shoot it like you stole it!
    Very interesting...