CrossBreed Holsters   Tommy Gun   Kahr Shop   Tommy Gun Shop
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Concealed Carry license and traffic stops. Penna

Default Concealed Carry license and traffic stops. Penna

For instance, when pulled over for a traffic stop generally the police run your plates. When they pull up that info, will they know you have a concealed carry permit before approaching the car?

not in Indiana....
    . My PM9 has over 40,000+ rounds through it, and runs much better than an illegal trying to get across our border

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

Not usually from the plate. In some states they will see that information when they run a driver or passenger.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

I don't think they do in Kansas, but I always have my CC permit handy along with my Drivers License and hand them both to the officer, and the LEO's have often said thanks for the extra CC info, and asked where my gun was, and then ask me to keep my hand visible. I usually have to get my proof of insurance out of my glove box, so I ask then to watch while I get that out, then leave my hands on the wheel until they are done with me.
    I think having the CC permit assures them I'm one of the good guys, and they often become a bit friendlier after I hand then my permit and we get the where is the gun and please keep your hands awat from the area out of the way.
    Tom
    Live today, tomorrow may not come!
    Boberg XR9S
    Kahr CW40
    Springfield Armory 1911
    Dan Wesson Revolver

HY*NDAI is to cars, what Caracal, Hi-Point, and Jennings is to handguns. The cars may or may not run ok, but the corporation SUCKS.

I remember onc e asking one of our finest in my little home town and he said BMV reports never show a ccw permit and a check on wants and outstanding warrants only will show that and nothing more. Mid u he may not know jack sh-t either on this, so my next person to check out is one of my state cop buddies. I just don't thin Indiana lets that crap out as not to long ago, under some act, the news media was able toget a list of ccw permit holders in Indiana and Immediately it wa challenged by the NRA group in Indiana and it was stopped dead in it tracks... Hell who knows either.
    . My PM9 has over 40,000+ rounds through it, and runs much better than an illegal trying to get across our border

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

In Ohio when an LEO runs your plate, they will know if one of the owners of the vehicle has a CHL license. Sorry to say I don't know if it's the same in PA or not. I would check www.pafoa.org.

Sent using Tapatalk
    "I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend."
    (J.R.R.Tolkien, The Two Towers)

Actually, it was highly recommended in my CHL class that I show BOTH licenses upon becoming stopped. I've done that three times already (only one resulted in a ticket), and the officers appreciate it.
    God is good, ALL the time!

Quote Originally Posted by sierrajb View Post
    Actually, it was highly recommended in my CHL class that I show BOTH licenses upon becoming stopped. I've done that three times already (only one resulted in a ticket), and the officers appreciate it.
    It was not only RECOMMENDED but when my DH got his initially you HAD to show your CHL if you were carrying. If we aren't carrying then, no you do not have to show your CHL. As far as the cops knowing you have a CHL, YES, here in TX, if they pull your DL, then they automatically know you have a CHL. Now, in 2007, they changed the law where you don't have to have a CHL if are carrying in your car, but if you are carrying outside of your vehicle, then you need a CHL.

Quote Originally Posted by John222 View Post
    For instance, when pulled over for a traffic stop generally the police run your plates. When they pull up that info, will they know you have a concealed carry permit before approaching the car?
    In Michigan, YES

In Alaska you don't have to have a permit to carry, but you do have to inform the police that you are carrying when you are contacted.