Magnum Research new   CrossBreed Holsters   Kahr Shop   Tommy Gun Shop
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Concealed Carry license and traffic stops. Penna

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

NC, not tied to the plate but your DL. You don't have to inform them if you are NOT carrying and have your CHP, but it makes them mighty jumpy when they come back from running your license. Always a courtesy to tell them upfront you have CHP but are NOT carrying should that be the case. Additionally, you must inform an officer if you are carrying, regardless if they make initial contact or you do.
    If it's a penny for your thoughts and you offer me your two cents, what happens to the other penny? Taxes, the democrats tax everything!!

Quote Originally Posted by rholmes69 View Post
    NC, not tied to the plate but your DL. You don't have to inform them if you are NOT carrying and have your CHP, but it makes them mighty jumpy when they come back from running your license. Always a courtesy to tell them upfront you have CHP but are NOT carrying should that be the case. Additionally, you must inform an officer if you are carrying, regardless if they make initial contact or you do.
    Wouldn't it be easier to just obey the traffic laws and not get pulled over in the first place? Just sayin'.
    Never trust anyone who doesn't trust you to own a gun.

Life Member - NRA
    Colt Gold Cup 70 series
    Colt Woodsman
    Ruger Mark III .22-45
    Kahr CM9
    Kahr P380

Quote Originally Posted by muggsy View Post
    Wouldn't it be easier to just obey the traffic laws and not get pulled over in the first place? Just sayin'.
    Muggsy do you EVER quit with the smart remarks...What's with you? CRAP happens, you drive faster than you thought you were, you don't realize you have a tail light out, LEO stops you. You can be a LAW ABIDING CITIZEN and still get stopped for something you didn't realize you did. Your crap stinks just like the rest of us and you are not perfect either. I'm sure you have gotten pulled at one time or another for something.

Quote Originally Posted by jdlott74 View Post
    Muggsy do you EVER quit with the smart remarks...What's with you? CRAP happens, you drive faster than you thought you were, you don't realize you have a tail light out, LEO stops you. You can be a LAW ABIDING CITIZEN and still get stopped for something you didn't realize you did. Your crap stinks just like the rest of us and you are not perfect either. I'm sure you have gotten pulled at one time or another for something.
    jdlott74, you're killing me!!! Muhahahaha
    2 things:
    1) Can I make a request that no one on this forum ever uses the slang "Just Sayn" ever again? It makes you sound like a middle schooler trying to put their antognistic 2 cents in. Just Saying... P.S. This is not a troll.

2) In NV, you can carry a loaded pistol in the vehicle anywhere you want without a CCW. I have a CCW, so put my pistol on the floorboard, when driving for comfort sake. Been pulled over 3 times since having one in the last 8 years. I never informed Jonny be Good, he never asked. I'm positive it comes up when running state Id.

I'm 58 years old. I have never received a moving traffic violation or vehicle equipment related violation... NEVER.
    Hmmmm, maybe because I drive the speed limit, use turn signals, don't tailgate, check my rearview mirror...etc. So, if your implying that only "unlucky" people get pulled over, I guess I am living in that perfect non-crap world.
    LaP

I have no fear of perfection... I'll never reach it.

Here In Virginia the police can access ccw permit info on a plate check. My initial training for my permit stated that you are NOT required to inform the officer that you're in possession of your weapon. HOWEVER on my first encounter with LE, the officer politely informed me otherwise. He knew before he stepped out of his car that I had a permit. Since then I ALWAYS hand the cop my permit along with my license and tell him I'm carrying and I keep my hands where he can see em!
    Of the 3 traffic stops while carrying, I've gotten out of at least 4 tickets....
    I think because I was respectful and honest up front and they appreciate that and that most of them know who the good guys are and are not interested in hassling us.

I've been driving for 51 years. In 51 years I've been pulled over 7 times. All of those stops occurred within the first ten years of receiving my licence. Of the 7 stops 4 resulted in tickets that I richly deserved. I have not been pulled over once since obtaining my CCW permit. I must live right.
    Never trust anyone who doesn't trust you to own a gun.

Life Member - NRA
    Colt Gold Cup 70 series
    Colt Woodsman
    Ruger Mark III .22-45
    Kahr CM9
    Kahr P380

In OK there is no way the officer would know when approaching the vehicle. HOWEVER OK is also a MANDATORY notice state meaning that if you have your weapon you MUST notify the officer at first contact.
    Wake Up...Grow Up...Show Up...Sit Up...Shut Up...Listen Up

Quote Originally Posted by muggsy View Post
    There is no way that any citizen - law-abiding or not - can be sure to avoid this.

Any LEO knows that if they want to stop someone, all they have to do is follow the person for a few minutes and they can always find something they can use to justify a traffic stop.

We already have far too many laws, and thousands of "law makers" on the job every day making more.
    "Measure twice, cut once. Think twice, speak once."

Quote Originally Posted by rholmes69 View Post

Rholmes, correct me if I am wrong, but isn't it NC that you can also open carry as long as it is no the seat beside you or within plain sight and that is legal in NC?