Tommy Gun Shop   Tommy Gun   Crimsontrace   CrossBreed Holsters
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Diamondback DB9 VS Kahr CM9

Default Diamondback DB9 VS Kahr CM9

Hi All,

Have any of you wondered how the CM9 stacks up to the DB9? I have. The DB9 looks like a micro Glock and I like that about it. Since I'm a fan and owner of Glock, I really considered the Diamondback while deciding what to replace my LCP with. After looking at all the facts, the decision was clear. The Kahr was built better, shot better, and was more reliable than the Diamondback. I am really glad I went with the Kahr. I might still get a DB9 for kicks and giggles. But, I'll never trust it to be my carry weapon. Here is a video comparing the DB9 and the CM9. Enjoy!
    Notables:
    Kimber Custom II 1911 .45 ACP ("How sweet it is")
    Kahr CM9 9mm - Trijicon night sights, Wolff 5# striker spring
    Glock 19 Gen 3 9mm - Meprolight night sights, BTGuiderod stainless steel captured guide rod, Ghost Ranger trigger connector, Vickers mag release
    Taurus 85 Stainless Steel .38 Special
    1977 Smith & Wesson 19-4 2.5" .357 Magnum - Wolff springs, Professional trigger job
    1955 Hi-Standard Sentinel R-100 .22lr
    1958 Marlin Golden 39-A Mountie .22lr
    Norinco SKS 7.62x39

Saw one too many DB9 videos to consider one. One guys gun blew up, shipped it in for repair, it blew up on the first shot when it came back. If you can stomache the Kahr's long heavy trigger, its a good choice. Perhaps the Nano will prove to be a better one. Time will tell.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=urN_-...414&lf=mh_lolz

I have a DB9, and I hate it. I have small arthritic hands, and I cannot shoot 2 shots in a row with the damned thing without a jam. The handle flexes to much in my hands for it to operate properly. I joined the Diamondback forum to discuss my issues, and got the opinion from several people that the gun just didn't suit me, and sell it and move on.
    Then someone else threw out a comment about flexing my elbows, and I responded with something like, "What is it now? Limp Elbowing we have to worry about now?, what do you have to remain motionless to shoot the damn thing?" I think he was full of BS.
    I think you need big strong hands for it to perform well. I think the polymer is so thin in the frame and handle area that it uses your hand as a big part of the stiffness required to operate it well. I've seen the range officer shoot mag after mag with no problems, then hand it to me and it's back to jam-o-matic. The RO, was a young big ole boy, with large hands, and it shot like it should for him. If I hold it JUST right, and put pressure in the right places with both hands, I can get a few shots to go through it at a time, but it's not something I want to mess with anymore. I gave it a more than fair chance and it's for sale on Armslist now. I bought the DB9 cause I liked the size of it and the way looked, had a compensated barrel, and I thought I had a real nice pocket pistol. But after a couple horrible range sessions, I realized I should have spent the extra $100 and bought the CM9. The dealer said he'd take it back, but would have to pay trade in value on it, and I'd be better off to sell it myself, since it does work properly, when it has a competent operator. I tried adding a Handall Jr. hoping that might stiffen it up some, but it didn't help. Anyway, it's nothing more than a single shot last resort weapon now.
    BTW I watched your video, and you have your recoil spring placed up in the notch, and it should go down against the barrel. I wondered about that notch, and asked if that was where the recoil spring went, and was told no, to put it down against the barrel in the larger notch.
    Tom
    Live today, tomorrow may not come!
    Boberg XR9S
    Kahr CW40
    Springfield Armory 1911
    Dan Wesson Revolver

HY*NDAI is to cars, what Caracal, Hi-Point, and Jennings is to handguns. The cars may or may not run ok, but the corporation SUCKS.

From all the vids and posts I have seen the DB's are just so junky/dangerous that they make Hi-Standard and Raven look like the best weapons in the world. Don't waist your money and risk you life on a POS Diamondback. Also Kahr is suing DB and when they win I hope DB is closed down.
    Wake Up...Grow Up...Show Up...Sit Up...Shut Up...Listen Up

Quote Originally Posted by TriggerMan View Post
    Saw one too many DB9 videos to consider one. One guys gun blew up, shipped it in for repair, it blew up on the first shot when it came back. If you can stomache the Kahr's long heavy trigger, its a good choice. Perhaps the Nano will prove to be a better one. Time will tell.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=urN_-...414&lf=mh_lolz
    I absolutely love the trigger on the Kahr. I am very accurate and fast with it. Here is one of my targets, post #7. I would not want a shorter trigger on a carry gun that has no safety. I'm sure there are those who will like the Nano. Nothing against Beretta, I will not be one of them.
    Notables:
    Glock 19 Gen 3 9mm - Meprolight night sights, BTGuiderod stainless steel captured guide rod, Ghost Ranger trigger connector, Vickers mag release
    1977 Smith & Wesson 19-4 2.5" .357 Magnum - Wolff springs, Professional trigger job
    Norinco SKS 7.62x39

Quote Originally Posted by thetmanski View Post
    BTW I watched your video, and you have your recoil spring placed up in the notch, and it should go down against the barrel. I wondered about that notch, and asked if that was where the recoil spring went, and was told no, to put it down against the barrel in the larger notch.
    Well written, thanks. That is not my video. I just found it on YouTube and wanted to share it.
    Notables:
    Norinco SKS 7.62x39

Quote Originally Posted by Markis82 View Post
    I absolutely love the trigger on the Kahr. I am very accurate and fast with it. Here is one of my targets, post #7. I would not want a shorter trigger on a carry gun that has no safety. I'm sure there are those who will like the Nano. Nothing against Beretta, I will not be one of them.
    That's some damn fine shooting at whatever speed you used. If I could shoot DAO that well, I wouldn't have sold my PM9 yesterday.

i bought 2 db9s they boh had chambers bored shorter than saami specs. they try to get you to try differant rounds until you find one that works. when i insisted that the chambers were supposed to meet saami specs they changed the barrels on my guns but there are thousands out there with short chambers. when i bought them they were rated +P they were going to have ct laser and night sights. now they are not rated for +P they only sell night sights on new guns and crimson trace says they do not know when they will have a laser that will fit

I can't believe CT would make a laser for the DB9. But then I can't believe anyone would buy one either so my opinion and 4 bucks will get you a small Latte' at Starbucks. Which I woould rather have then a DB handgun. Or any other small weapon made in Florida.

RCG
    .......It's that you shot!

Stay thirsty my friend!

99% of the Liberals give the rest of them a bad name

I bought a DB9 several months ago in lieu of a PM9 because it was a tiny bit smaller and cost about half as much. That was the beginning of a nightmare, I have never experienced a weapon with malfuntions as frequent and varied as what was exhibited by the DB9. Changing ammunition solved nothing, nor did various grip techniques.

I sent the pile back to DB and recieved it back about a week later. They had polished the ramp a bit but that seemed to be all. It fed better on the first round but that was all, as kahrnut1 said, the chamber was still bored too shallow and it would either FTE, FTRB or lock down tighter than ****'s hatband.

I ended up taking a loss and using it as partial trade on an N frame. Then I bit the bullet and did what I should have done in the first place, ordered a PM9.