Crimsontrace   Mitch Rosen   Xssights   Magnum Research new
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Diamondback DB9 VS Kahr CM9

Diamond Back? It's a lot worse than Kel-Tec ... nuff said !!!

The Diamondback guns are made by a company who's primary business is making airboats...very GOOD airboats I must say. They are located just down the road from Kel-tek . I drive by there often going to/from work. I think the owner of Diamondback used to work for, or do machine work in his shop for, Kel-tek. Anyway, he decided than most airboater's would benefit having a firearm handy when out in the Florida swamps, and decided to make one...the DB380. He figured he could sell them, or give them away as a sales 'gift' , to his airboat customers. Once the DB380 was in the bag (or boat, so to speak), he decided to add the 9mm DB9. I would n't be surprised if there is a DB40 coming one of these days.

I could have bought either a Kel-tek or Diamondback gun, and had the advantage of having the manufacturer and all it's customer service right on my doorstep. If I had a problem I could stop in and talk to them face-to-face, leave it for repair if necessary in the morning and pick it up on the way home from work. I bought the Kahr CM9 and have never questioned my decision to do so.

If you're interested, you can search www.floridatoday.com newspaper archives for a big write-up they had on Diamondback a few months ago.

Quote Originally Posted by PCollen View Post
    I bought the Kahr CM9 and have never questioned my decision to do so.
    Smartest decision possible. Maybe the owner of DB needs to concentrate on what he is good at, building airboats and leave firearms manufacturing to experienced folks.
    Wake Up...Grow Up...Show Up...Sit Up...Shut Up...Listen Up

Good choice going with the CM9 Markis. While I dont bash other products, from what I have been reading the DB9 has had its share of issues. Its a nice concept but I dont think they have all the bugs out yet. JL

Quote Originally Posted by PCollen View Post
    The Diamondback guns are made by a company who's primary business is making airboats...very GOOD airboats I must say. They are located just down the road from Kel-tek . I drive by there often going to/from work. I think the owner of Diamondback used to work for, or do machine work in his shop for, Kel-tek. Anyway, he decided than most airboater's would benefit having a firearm handy when out in the Florida swamps, and decided to make one...the DB380. He figured he could sell them, or give them away as a sales 'gift' , to his airboat customers. Once the DB380 was in the bag (or boat, so to speak), he decided to add the 9mm DB9. I would n't be surprised if there is a DB40 coming one of these days.

I could have bought either a Kel-tek or Diamondback gun, and had the advantage of having the manufacturer and all it's customer service right on my doorstep. If I had a problem I could stop in and talk to them face-to-face, leave it for repair if necessary in the morning and pick it up on the way home from work. I bought the Kahr CM9 and have never questioned my decision to do so.

If you're interested, you can search www.floridatoday.com newspaper archives for a big write-up they had on Diamondback a few months ago.
    You're correct about the history. Few things I want to add in are:
    1) DB380 is a big failure. Academy returned all those back and stopped carrying DB.
    2) Bass Pro and Gander Mountain do not carry them as well.

This is why I said they're worse than Kel-Tech

To say a gun is worse then a KT is paramount to saying what a freakin POS.

No arguments here!

RCG
    .......It's that you shot!

Stay thirsty my friend!

99% of the Liberals give the rest of them a bad name

Here's some pictures of the DB9 POS...

It's replacement...

The DB9 has a pretty dedicated fan base over at diamondbacktalk.com, with a few people like me jumping in and wondering what kind of POS is this thing? I've seen others fire full mags of ammo out of it without a hitch, but I cannot get the thing to fire twice in a row. I think you need big strong hands to fire this properly, I think the handle flexes too much for smaller hands to control.
    It kind of reminds me of all the unhappy people with the P380 we had for quite awhile, either they performed well, or had to go back to the shop several times. I don't think mine needs to go back to the shop, just sold to someone with bigger hands.
    Tom
    Live today, tomorrow may not come!
    Boberg XR9S
    Kahr CW40
    Springfield Armory 1911
    Dan Wesson Revolver

HY*NDAI is to cars, what Caracal, Hi-Point, and Jennings is to handguns. The cars may or may not run ok, but the corporation SUCKS.

i have a db9 and I am more accurate with it then my cm9. actually my cm9 had to go back to the factory because of a defective barrel right off the bat. it has been great though since kahr replaced the barrel, my db9 has been flawless through 400 rounds so far except 3 failures to eject (always last round) in the first 150 or so rounds. it fits in my pocket better than my cm9 due to it being thinner and lighter. kahr has had its problems just like diamondback. I think with time the db9 will end up being a really great micro 9mm. Maybe I have been lucky with mine but to me its a keeper.

things I like better about kahr is that it is rated for +p and locks back after last round

things I like better about db9 is lighter thinner and can slingshot first round much easier than kahr. I couldnt slingshot my kahr till it had a couple hundred rounds through it. I also find the db9 to be more accurate than my cm9. easier breakdown and reassembly. recoil spring is rated for 5000 rounds and kahr recommends changing every thousand rounds.
    Last edited by patgwashere; 12-10-2011 at 06:42 AM.