CrossBreed Holsters   Xssights   Tommy Gun   Kahr Shop
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mag droping out during firing.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    ad3pena Guest

Default Mag droping out during firing.

I have a CW40 and after 24 or so rounds fired during a practice session my magazine is ejected. Has this ever happen to anyone and is there a fix?

steves1017 Guest

I had that happen with a CW40 AND a CW45. A new mag catch solved the CW40 problem, but they (Kahr) never did solve the problem with the CW45 after 3 trips back to the factory. I was able to trade the CW45 in on a new MK40 Elite (all steel).

It is polymer guns that will give you that problem....good luck.

Steve

Default mag releasing

You say that it is the polymer gun that has the mag release problem. So the new P380 may have that problem also?

I have a MK9093 and a MK4043. Neither has had any problem.

thanks. Allan

My P380 does not have that problem. It shoots like gangbusters! I have not had so much as a hiccup from that gun.

My CW9 did the same thing, new mag release, spring, AND magazine follower were required to fix it. I have heard of a lot of Kahrs having this problem, mostly CW9s but I suspect that's because CW9s are the most common Kahrs.

kahr went to a metal mag release a year or so back the new P380 has the metal release and you should have no problems at all. If you have a cw or PM dropping magazines, and it is not ur thumb hitting the mag release call kahr and have them send you a new metal release along with a new mag release spring. I have been told that the new spring is even alittle more stout and will help eliminate accidental bumping...It is a no braiiner to install, so don't send it back for that job. A long nose set of pliers is all that is needed.

One can google up proper poto installation of the magazine release also.

doubletap Guest

Default CW40 Mag drop during firing

My [CW40] mag dropped out twice (about a thousand rds fired). Both drops were due to my thumb hitting the eject button upon recoil. I replaced the follower spring and it seemed to make the button a little stiffer, but in my opinion, the eject button sticks out much further than any other auto I have fired. I have considered shortening (filing) the button but KA tells me that remedy would void my warranty.

shooter521 Guest

I shot a friend's brand-new P45 a couple weeks ago; both of us had that happen a number of times while shooting the gun.

I also have had a mag drop incident (3) with a CW40. I thought it might just be my grip that made contact with the release but after reading these postings it sounds like Kahr has a design or fabrication issue that they are not addressing. I paid $500 (tax included) for this pistol and it should be FLAWLESS. Kahr care to speak up.

Oh yes... Kahr magazines and Ranger Win ammo....

mrjordan2u Guest

This is happening to my CW45.
    I've put 250+/- rounds thru it in two different magazines. And I KNOW I'm not hitting the release button by accident.
    Im currently trying to get ahold of tech support to see what can be done about this.