Magnum Research new   Xssights   CrossBreed Holsters   Tommy Gun Shop
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mag droping out during firing.

if u can insert the magazie and then if u can't physically pull it back out without hititng the mag button, then IMO there isnothing wrong with the system. check ur shooting style, the problem could lie there.

The actual shooting of the gun has nadda to do with if the magazine stays put our not, but what ones hand does duringt this shootinbg event certainly does...
    . My PM9 has over 40,000+ rounds through it, and runs much better than an illegal trying to get across our border

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

Could this be the "its not me, my thumb was never on the release" excuse?

BTW - Couldn't you guys start a new post instead of digging one up from the 2009 grave?
    On the internet, the number of posts do not correlate to actual knowledge.
    The notch is supposed to be there as well as the bulge at the front of the frame!
    You can't stop insane people from doing insane things by passing insane laws.

u know better than that, it is never "shooter error"..
    . My PM9 has over 40,000+ rounds through it, and runs much better than an illegal trying to get across our border

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

of course not!

BTW - i am not in favor of zombie threads. unless they are real good ones.
    On the internet, the number of posts do not correlate to actual knowledge.
    The notch is supposed to be there as well as the bulge at the front of the frame!
    You can't stop insane people from doing insane things by passing insane laws.

I had this Problem, the mag was securely in the frame, but it would fall out during firing. Did it for multiple shooters, left and right handed. Kahr put a new mag catch and spring in it, and it works great now! 100percent sure it was not shooter error!
    The general who advances without coveting fame and retreats without fearing disgrace, who's only thought is to protect his country and do good service for his sovereign, is the jewel of the kingdom. - Sun Tzu Wu (The Art of War)

I have had problems with the the magazine releasing on my new PM9. Just happens with the extended magazines. At first thought it may be faulty extended mag so got another one. New one does the same thing. During firing the magazine will partially slip out. I have been shooting small handguns for years and I am about 95% sure Im not hitting mag release. Order new mag release and spring so will see how that goes. Love the PM9 but I wont use until I learn better or replacement parts fix the problem. $30 bucks from Kahr so not very costly. Of course it occurred to me after I bought parts to have someone else shoot and see how they do! Anyone have same problem and needed parts let me know if Im going right direction or need something else.

I replaced my release button and spring didnt solve the problem. Also had my son shoot and had same results. Guess it is going back to Kahr! Not what i expected from a $600+ handgun. Cant use for concealed carry until I get it fixed. Use mine for work so must be 100% confident!!

One other thing of interest is I only have problems with extended mags( 2 different magazines), With the extended mags they drop free when mag release button is depressed. The flush fitting - 6 round magazine doesnt drop free on its own. Accordingly I have never had any issues with the 6 rounder dropping out during firing. Really like my PM9 so hopefully Kahr will get it fixed.

insert the agazine loaded and see ifu can physically pull it out. If not I would suspect sumpin is moving the mag release button enough to release it. try shooti it left handed, that will get u away from that button to. u gotta start some where before sending back a kgun that might just be OK.

Not saying it is u either but if i9t won't come out of the gun once in, I find nuttin that hits the mag release button durng the firing cycle.

When that magazie is in the gun is the right side of the mag release button flush with the grip as it will look the same with no mag in thegun. The button shold be totally flush, not sticking out a tad. I would et this is one of the smallest 9mm u have shot in years though and there isn't alot of grip area and sh!t happens when the bang thing happens and it happens fast and even if it was u, u woul dnot notice ur doing it.

U have a point in letting anutter shooter try it,but try left handed and see what happens.

My 21 cent son this, i the past we have seen some feed issues with the extended magazines, and IMO u bought an ultracompact 9 with a flush fit magazine, If u wanted that extra round, IMO u shouldhave bought the cw9 and had a flush fit 7 roound magazine. I have always hated those extened magazInein kahrs, they are butt ugly and in the cm and pM series, just IMO not enough mag well to maybe line up a longer extended magazine that has no mag well support. I have probably shot my extended magzine a alf dozen times in my pmj9, NEVER gave an issue,b ut I hated it and the looks of it. For range play maybe Ok but again a 7 round extended magazine will give your hand and gun a different feel than the 6 round flush fit. IMO train the way u might have to fight with it. Just sayin

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

Insert the mag and not only see if you can physically pull it out, but see how much travel it takes when you push the mag release until the mag pops out. It might just be barely catching on, just enough to hold it in, but pops off due to recoil/movement of the magazine inside the mag well under sudden recoil especially if the mag is shaken to the side away from the mag release.