Xssights   Mitch Rosen   Crimsontrace   Tommy Gun Shop
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Flashlights

Default Update

So I've looked at your guys' recommendations, and along with those I've come across MANY more than I've ever even heard of.

I'm still preferring the 5.11 Atac L2 for size and 5.11 reputation with other tactical stuff, simple operation, super bright 222 lumens/13 lumens/strobe, and it's got everything I want without a bunch of stuff that I DON'T want and would just complicate the operation in a high stress environment.

For $63, I don't think I can beat it.
    Kahr PM9094 - Hornady Critical Defense

Marlin 30-30
    Mossberg 500A 12 GA
    Marlin .22LR

It is not that difficult to operate. All those instructions seem to confuse people, but in practice it is pretty simple.

You do have to turn the bezel to activate it. You tighten it and it comes on in moonlight mode. I can do it one-handed but don't know how efficient I could do so in stressful situation.

If I thought that I would have a need, on a consistent basis, to quickly draw my weapon and a torch at the same time, I would go with a 'tactical' model that had the pushbutton clicker on the end. I just thought that was overkill for me at this time.

There are plenty of options out there and now is probably a good time to be purchasing one. 4Sevens has a sale going on right now and I bet some of the other brands do as well.

Good luck in your search.
    aka - SlideRackingDude, as decreed by Bawanna:

Perhaps we shall address you as "Slide Racking Dude" from here forward.

Go forth and rack........dude.

$25 for the Nebo Redline.

Don't make fun of me, but I bought one of these for $19.95 and it is bright, focuses, has aluminum housing and not a brand label or "Made in..." label anywhere on it. I am delighted with it!

http://www.heartlandamerica.com/brow...F&BC=S&DL=SEH2
    Very interesting...

I carry a 4Sevens Preon 2. I love it. So much so that I bought a bunch for Christmas gifts.

It's probably the smallest and brightest 2 cell AAA flashlight available.
    Ressom
    Glock 17 | Ruger Mark II Competition Target | Kimber Custom Eclipse II | Kel-Tec PF-9 | Kahr CM9

Unless you're a police officer, in what scenario do you envision having time to get a flashlight out and make good use of it? With the exception of home defense, if you need a flashlight to find your target you're no longer in self defense now you're hunting.

Streamlight makes reliable lights that are rechargeable

Sent from my SGH-i917 using Board Express

Well I can anticipate when it will be dark, as the sun goes down reliably every day.
    I'm not being a smart@ss...my point is this; When I'm leaving a building(commonly my work at 10 at night) and I know it's dark, I'll carry the flashlight in my hand. It lights up the shadows, lets me check my surroundings, inspect my back seat for someone who may have broken into my car, etc. Therefore, I ALSO already have it IN HAND should an attack happen.

While temporarily blinding or otherwise disabling the attacker, I have that much longer to pull my weapon out and get shots on target. Also, I have just gotten 100% target identification. There's no chance I'm going to be shooting my neighbor, wife, or coworker because I got startled and could only see a silhouette.

I also use the light for home defense as well.
    Kahr PM9094 - Hornady Critical Defense

Marlin 30-30
    Mossberg 500A 12 GA
    Marlin .22LR

I carry a "Photon" micro light on my key ring.

I also have a "Streamlight" strion that I like but would not consider it for carrying around all of the time.

I keep a Fenix LD20 handy. Small, Light, versatile, 2 AA batteries. This thing is great for a walk in the dark.

http://www.amazon.com/Fenix-LD20-180.../dp/B004CXNY3G

I carry a Streamlight Microstream with me all of the time. Its small and very bright. I forget its in my pocket!