My first Kahr is on the way, a PW45. Purschased via Gunbroker without ever handling one, so it's a bit of a gamble. Inspected it at my FFL when it arrived and loved the trigger; it's just the right size; and we'll see how it shoots in a week of so awaiting background check.

I know virtually nothing about Kahr except the reviews I read about the CW45, which were very positive.

So I'll ask, what must I know about this pistol before I start shooting (I'll break it down, clean, and lube it up first); and what should I know about Kahrs in general.

I have a modest "accumulation" of pistols -- a bunch of old-school Smith & Wesson pistols and revolvers; some Sigs, Berettas, Walthers, and one Browning HP and a few tupperware guns like a 380 and 9mm Smith EZ for my some-day-I'm-sure-to-have-arthritus hands.

I bought this for carry as I did not have a "small" .45 except for a S&WChiefs Special CS45. I alternate between carrying that pistol; a Sig 250 in 40, a SW99AS (Walther P99) in 40, and a CS9 or Beretta PX4 9mm compact. (Yeah, I know, stick to one or two carry guns and get real, real good with them...but all those others are really good guns.)

So, now that I've got one Kahr....what should the next one be?