Crimsontrace   Mitch Rosen   Xssights   Kahr Shop
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CW- 9 trigger

Default CW9 Trigger

The Kahr trigger is why I held back buying a Kahr for over a year. I really like the pistol shape, weight and over all dimensions. Because my other Pistols were single action or XD double action I just could not get with the Kahr trigger. I like semi-autos, although I have fired a few revolvers, they just were not my thing. Several times during the past year I shot a few magazines through a MK9 and later a PM9. Not a smart thing to do for a pistol lover. I finally decided a full grip and longer barrel like the CW9 would work the best for me. Now that I have the pistol and am shooting it often it has become one of my most favored carry pistols. The trigger is really outstanding when you become accustomed to it. I also added a Hogue Handall grip from the Kahr store along with a spare 7 round magazine. This grip makes the pistol much more comfortable to shoot.

-- Richard
    "A gentleman will seldom, if ever, need a pistol. However, if he does, he needs it very badly!" -- Sir Winston Churchill

I was always a SA or DA but never DAO. I stayed away from any and all DAO. I was looking at a DA, but the price was too high and the shop manager suggested that I look at a couple of Kahr's that he had. I held the gun and it fit my tiny hands like a glove, it was a .40 (right on target for me) and then I saw the price. SOLD! I now carry a cw40, my first DAO in 17 years of shooting.

smokey, she will get better and she will enjoy that kahr far more than a 1911 due to weight and simplicity. Accuracy willnever be like a 1911 style either but we are talking about two different platforms. I shoot my G19 10X better than my kahr PM9 but I shootmy PM9 good enough to protect me every day, as it is my 24/7 carry. My G19 no matter how good I shoot it stays at home all the time. I don't dress to carry, so my PM9 willrid ein my front pocket 24/7. There lies the big difference in some guns. I haven't seen a 1911 yet that can ride in ones pocket- well, let alone in a safe carry mode even.

Practice doers solve alot of things, for one thing it will tellyour wife if she truly does notlike the gun. Then you keep it and find her one that she can handle better. there are someout that will handle better but certainly not carry better and weight so little also. I love my PM9 but if I was going to buy my wife a 9mm in a kahr it would be the cw9 for sure. That little more grip area is a big plus for a woman shooter. Keep her close to, 7 yard s and under for her practice time, she will get good at that distance and she will know that the threat to her \will not be at 25 yards but at 7 and under. Keep her away from bullseye targets also. they are depressing to me, as I can't hit the bullseye like I wkant evena t 7 yards, so shoot her with silhouette type targets. My preference is the FBI "Q" target witht he bowling pin silhouette and nothing more. If she can and she will to keep allof her shots in that area at 7 yards, thens he will have confidence in her shooting ability. Shooting at the correct targerts sometimes goes a long way towards ones attidute of liking or not liking to shoot..

Quote Originally Posted by jocko View Post
    No offense but if it sucks, then peddle it..
    Absolutely. My experience is - once you hate a trigger, 5 years of practice won't get you to love it. Unless it's the only gun you own or plan on ever owning or shooting. Shoot a buddies crisp, S/A and you'll be back to hating it again...

Thanks Jocko, good advice.

Does Teddy Jacobson still work on the Kahr triggers? I thought someone on the board has a TJ refined K9 that raved about the better trigger.
    Judging by today's left wing, looks like Senator Joe McCarthy was right after all.

there re smitty's that claim they can do a trigger job but normaly all that is polsiing everything that moves to smooth things up. Not shorten trigger pull. Not saying it cannot be doen as some good machinist could probalby do it but not sure you gain that much.They were never made to be target guns. They were never mad eto have extrenal safety's on them, so there for the biggest safety of the kahrs are their looooong but really smooth trigger system. I guess anyone can do about anytibng to a gun if one want sto pay for it etc but that certainly wa snot kahrs design in the beginning, so why mess with it. If a person shoots his kahr enough, he will get darn good with it. they are super accurate in the rignt hands. to man of us want ot buy a gun and immediately go out and hit beer cans at 25 yards. Some guns do take longer to master and kahr is one of them. If one wants a shorter trigger system, probalby best to buy another brand.

I love the trigger on my Kahr PM40. I think that Kahr has the best DAO trigger on the market. I prefer it to any other gun I own.