Tommy Gun Shop   Xssights   Magnum Research new   Crimsontrace
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 12 o'clock HIGH POA P380 w/ NS ?

Muggsy....yes, I have the sight picture on the intended point of impact, just like my PM9 which hits right where pointed. With this P380, I have to position the top of the front sight well above the point of impact. If I align the top of the front sight with the rear, it will hit about 2" below the intended point of impact at 7 yards.

Jocko, I know this isn't a target pistol, but I don't want to have to aim this particular pistol so much different than the others in the stable just to hit on aim. While it will certainly "get the job done" if I had to call it into service, I just feel that the extra I spent on this P380 (sold my non-trijicon one to get this) with the night sights should be able to hit where aimed. Right now, the more pressing issue with me is the FTRB problem that keeps me from carrying it.

I got busy at work, and didn't get to call them yet. Might do that tomorrow.

Kahr only makes one set of standard sights for each of their guns. Unless there is a problem with the barrel or frame the gun should shoot to point of aim. Trijicon may offer front sights of different heights. If so, I'd agree with Greg that you need a front sight that is .030 taller to bring down the point of impact. Your grip can also affect the point of impact as well as trigger control. Has anyone else fired your gun for comparison?
    Never trust anyone who doesn't trust you to own a gun.

Life Member - NRA
    Colt Gold Cup 70 series
    Colt Woodsman
    Ruger Mark III .22-45
    Kahr CM9
    Kahr P380

Yes, others have shot the pistol with the same results. I also have a PM9 with the night sights and it shoots to point of aim like a champ. My former P380 (without the Trijicons) hit on POA as well. My groups are very tight with this P380, they are just well lower than point of aim. I once again got buried at work, and didn't get to call Kahr. Need to make time tomorrow.

By the way, it shoots about 2" LOW (not high) at 7yards. I think the front sight needs to be shorter, or the rear sights taller. I have been applying some "Kentucky Elevation" by sighting it with the middle of the front sight dot even with the top of the rear sights with good results, but that is a lousy way to have to shoot a pistol that I bought FOR the upgraded sights, and particularly at this price point.

Charlie

Quote Originally Posted by muggsy View Post
    Kahr only makes one set of standard sights for each of their guns. Unless there is a problem with the barrel or frame the gun should shoot to point of aim. Trijicon may offer front sights of different heights. If so, I'd agree with Greg that you need a front sight that is .030 taller to bring down the point of impact. Your grip can also affect the point of impact as well as trigger control. Has anyone else fired your gun for comparison?

Well, finally got around to calling Kahr....after being told that the warranty only covers return shipping, I told them I had no choice, I'll send it in......then at the end of the call he said he'd send me a shipping label. YAY !! It arrived in MA this morning. So, hopefully they can get it all straightened out for me.

I bet the sights are wrong, are they as low as your old stock sights?
    This place isn't safe.

No, these are the factory trijicons. I got the pistol with them. My former P380 had the low bar-dot sights. They were dead on the money. I think that the front sight is either too tall, or the front dove tail isn't deep enough. Haven't heard anything from Kahr since I got the acknowledgement that the gun got to them on Tuesday.
    Time will tell.

Well, after 3 or so weeks at Kahr, they responded to my email today on it's status. Apparently, I'm getting a whole new frame. Don't know what could be wrong with it, unless it just mounts the slide pointing slightly downward. Hope it gets to my FFL soon.

You could try installing a PM/CM9 rear sight which is higher than the P380 rear sight. That will raise you point of impact. The sights are interchangeable, but you have to use a sight pusher to prevent damage to the sight or slide. Any competent gunsmith should be able to change them out for you.
    Never trust anyone who doesn't trust you to own a gun.

Life Member - NRA
    Colt Gold Cup 70 series
    Colt Woodsman
    Ruger Mark III .22-45
    Kahr CM9
    Kahr P380

p380.jpgWell, got the P380 back from Kahr with a new frame......and it looks like a new barrel, not sure about the slide. The slide (diamond black) has been polished inside. The center bar that picks up a round has all of the black removed, and mirror polished. Now, the results:

FTRB: with around 200 rounds through the "new" pistol, 3 instances of FTRB, but CLEARLY not as bad as before, Did not do it with any of my defensive ammo, only with the UMC FMJ.

The sights: It is DEAD ON now. at 10yds, 3" bullseye caught almost all 50 rounds last outing. (will post pic) Very happy again. I'm sure with some more rounds thru it, it will be good to go in my pocket.

Charlie

Quote Originally Posted by CharlieR View Post
    p380.jpgWell, got the P380 back from Kahr with a new frame......and it looks like a new barrel, not sure about the slide. The slide (diamond black) has been polished inside. The center bar that picks up a round has all of the black removed, and mirror polished. Now, the results:

FTRB: with around 200 rounds through the "new" pistol, 3 instances of FTRB, but CLEARLY not as bad as before, Did not do it with any of my defensive ammo, only with the UMC FMJ.

The sights: It is DEAD ON now. at 10yds, 3" bullseye caught almost all 50 rounds last outing. (will post pic) Very happy again. I'm sure with some more rounds thru it, it will be good to go in my pocket.

Charlie
    Damn!!! Wish I was that good at 10 feet.