Kahr Shop   Xssights   CrossBreed Holsters   Mitch Rosen
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: CM9 Slide disassembly: Do it or not?

I took my PM9 apart before I shot it and then applied used motor oil from my truck to lubricate it. I haven't had a malfunction in 500 rounds. I did find a small shaving in the striker channel.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
    Last edited by lee1000; 10-04-2017 at 09:22 PM.

Unless I begin to experience some issues with my cm9 I think I am going to do what Kahr says and stick with the standard field strip clean/lube. Does anyone do the more detail clean after higher round count intervals? Say every 1000 rounds or so?

Ah. I reread page 1. It seems some do detail every 1000 rounds.

Quote Originally Posted by Cymerej View Post
    Ah. I reread page 1. It seems some do detail every 1000 rounds.
    I take apart the slide every 500 rounds or so. The larger slot in the slide allows more oil and garbage to get in the striker channel. I never oil the striker but always find oil in there, I use the thicker EWL 30 sparingly.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

I take it apart every time I clean...it’s to easy to do and it’s peace of mind that I know it’s clean in there

Quote Originally Posted by DJK11 View Post
    Strip it down and clean it! My P380 had metal in the striker channel and my first PM45 was full of metal...
    My new CW380 was pretty clean, but I installed a Lakeline Improved Striker while I was in there; but the used K9 I got recently was full of crud, including small metal flakes and chips -- very glad I cleaned that out before trusting it to concealed-carry duty.
    I highly recommend it also.

Old No7
    "Freedom and the Second Amendment... One cannot exist without the other." © 2000 DTH

My PM9 had small brass chips in the striker channel when I took it apart after 500 rounds. It was cleaned with brake fluid after every 100 round range session and it still had the tiny chips in the channel.

One more question...
    So many different opinions out there on solvents for cleaning. Setting aside the plastic frame, if I want to remove every trace of oil, grease, etc from the metal, what do you recommend ?

synthetic safe gun scrubber, or for a lot less, non-chlorinated brake cleaner. I have found the brake cleaner rather harsh, but either will strip all oil from the metal.
    I reject your reality and substitute my own!
    this space for rent

Quote Originally Posted by antifa View Post
    One more question...
    So many different opinions out there on solvents for cleaning. Setting aside the plastic frame, if I want to remove every trace of oil, grease, etc from the metal, what do you recommend ?
    Quote Originally Posted by unclenunzie View Post
    synthetic safe gun scrubber, or for a lot less, non-chlorinated brake cleaner. I have found the brake cleaner rather harsh, but either will strip all oil from the metal.
    Do not use the brakleen in the red can. Use the GREEN can only.