Mitch Rosen   Crimsontrace   Tommy Gun Shop   CrossBreed Holsters
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Will this get my wife to go to the range more often?

Default Will this get my wife to go to the range more often?

I finally had some success in getting my wife of 52 years to the range. She has her carry permit and shoots my 4" MKIII Hunter very well. I thought I had it made when she shot my P365 but in watching her rack the slide and with her difficulty in loading and seating that magazine, a co-worker gave her his Shield EZ 380 and all of a sudden she had a much easier time with the semi auto firearm. Shots on target at 30'. I often carry a LCPII so I had a lot of Federal HST plus brass, bullets, and dies for the 380 so....

Yesterday, I hit my LGS and after mental debate over with or without, picked up one with the ambi safety. The safety is exactly like a 1911 and easy to ride with your thumb. Instinctive for me but will have a small learning curve for her but I think it's addition will giver her a bit higher level of comfort. Very easy to rack, low recoil, nice sights, serrations and shape of slide near perfect, overall this is a very well thought out handgun. I have to load up a few hundred rounds and test this thing but if it shoots like my buddies, it should be fine for her. She loves the concept of a laser so my TRL4 may soon be mounted to the Shields rail.

Shield EZ.jpg
    "Never pet a burning dog"

She doesn't/wouldn't like the LCP II??????????????????

Exactly....give her your LCP and you get to go buy a new gun of YOUR CHOICE! Your doing it for her!
    Many years ago I traded my wifes new Nova in for a Jeep CJ7 so "she would be safer in the winter".
    "Life Member NRA"
    I am addicted to brake fluid...don't worry I can STOP at anytime!

No, The problem is with the operation or tightly sprung guns. The LCPII has the same problems as my PM9, hard to rack and the recoil is a turn off. She spent an hour with the EZ and shot very well. Afterward I asked her for her opinion on the Shield compared to the P365. Both shot well, the P365 had a laser and the shield did not but when it came to clearing malfunction drills and loading magazines it was no contest. As for me working with the Shield, at our range, two RSO's keep an EZ in their gun bags just for those who have difficulty manipulating other semi auto's. We have never had someone who could not operate the EZ. This includes a lot of students with arthritis.
    The goal here is to get her to the range more often and allow her to improve and gain confidence in the firearm's operation. All that starts with a gun that the student does not have to fight with or flinch every time it goes off.
    I try to never select a gun for somebody else but there are times when common sense comes in to play.
    "Never pet a burning dog"

Common sense, there's a word not generally heard in casual conversation for the last 20 years or so.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Cool Ruger LCP II

Quote Originally Posted by jeepster09 View Post
    Exactly....give her your LCP and you get to go buy a new gun of YOUR CHOICE! Your doing it for her!
    Many years ago I traded my wifes new Nova in for a Jeep CJ7 so "she would be safer in the winter".
    +1
    LCP II and have a nice day...
    Mine loves Horanady XTP Custom and Underwood +P is no problemo

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    Common sense, there's a word not generally heard in casual conversation for the last 20 years or so.
    I think New York banned common sense along with the term ill-legal alien adding a big fine.
    "Life Member NRA"
    I am addicted to brake fluid...don't worry I can STOP at anytime!

Anyone with common sense left NY long ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Barth View Post
    +1
    LCP II and have a nice day...
    Mine loves Horanady XTP Custom and Underwood +P is no problemo
    I'm sure you read the manual, but I sure hope that your not feeding that LCP a regular diet of +p ammo. .380 +p ammo is a way higher pressure than the firearm was designed for. You should really do some reading on the .380 +P round. You never really know what the pressures and standards are for that ammo. Could be dangerous indeed. Especially with a glass frame.

Quote Originally Posted by berettabone View Post
    I'm sure you read the manual, but I sure hope that your not feeding that LCP a regular diet of +p ammo. .380 +p ammo is a way higher pressure than the firearm was designed for. You should really do some reading on the .380 +P round. You never really know what the pressures and standards are for that ammo. Could be dangerous indeed. Especially with a glass frame.
    Having owned a number of these, I would not recommend any Plus P or hot ammo through them.