Crimsontrace   Tommy Gun Shop   Tommy Gun   Kahr Shop
Page 29 of 246 FirstFirst ... 1927282930313979129 ... LastLast

Thread: Happiness is a new gun 2

Man, anybody looking from the outside in at us would think we are nuts!

Quote Originally Posted by getsome View Post
    There is one other method I like to use that is tried and true which is if you have a hankering for a certain firearm but may be holding back for some reason like money the thing to do is go out and buy a sizable amount of ammo and just look at it for a good while just setting on the shelf…….This is why I now own a nice AR-15, I didn’t really want one and I’m much more happy with a lever action rifle but since I had all those boxes of .556 ammo I figured I might as well pick up something to shoot it with…….Works for me
    That sounds like good logic to me.
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

I love snubbies too.
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

You have just got to love a snubbie S&W for general carry. My 642 is a go-to, every day pocket carry. I bought my second hand, from my sons boss for $300. It had less than a box run through it before the guy decided that the little gun was “too much recoil for me”. He delivered it loaded, with 158gr +P Monarchs…
    I still have those five rounds someplace, but I have no interest in shooting them in any brand of snub nose.
    After carrying the 642 for a few months, I did a deep clean and lube job before reassembling with a Wilson Combat spring kit a a Cylinder & Slide extended firing pin. I carry it with Hornady 125grn standard pressure XTP rounds, plus a speed strip with five rounds in the same pocket. These rounds are nickel plated brass, a pocket carry MUST!
    I would LOVE to find a 642 no-lock with the Smith performance center touch some day…
    Right now I’m working with my new (to me) PM9 to develop that into the perfect pocket carry but, The newcomer will have stiff competition from the old 642.
    Truthfully, I treat that old snubbie like the tool that it is. I once pulled it out at the range to show my brother how it shot from the pocket carry position. It came out with a loose dime, half an old hard candy wrap and a solid infestation of dust bunnies. It still went bang five times, on my target (7yrds) AND I managed an eight second speed strip reload before shooting the next five onto the target. All ten hits were center of mass with some vertical stringing, but my brother was impressed (okay, me too).
    A S&W snubbie will take a licking and run till they are clicking…

Peace.
    I was once asked if I was "a paranoid for carrying my Kahr".
    "Nope" I said, "just prepared".
    " prepared for what" he asked?
    "more stuff than you are"
    God Bless our Troups!

I'm pretty dumb about revolvers. What is a lock vs nolock 64* ?

Quote Originally Posted by BirdsThaWord View Post
    Think?????????

Quote Originally Posted by dustnchips View Post
    I'm pretty dumb about revolvers. What is a lock vs nolock 64* ?
    I'll play..........................S&W Model 64 in 38 special. Older model with no lock versus newer models with key lock above cylinder release. Otherwise known as the " Hillary Hole ".

Quote Originally Posted by BirdsThaWord View Post
    I thought that was a requirement to be a member here…….

Quote Originally Posted by berettabone View Post
    I'll play..........................S&W Model 64 in 38 special. Older model with no lock versus newer models with key lock above cylinder release. Otherwise known as the " Hillary Hole ".
    My current 642 doesn’t have the lock but I ended up paying dearly for it…..I called a large gun shop about 30 miles away who said they had one but before I was able to get there they had sold it so being there with cash in hand I bought one with the lock…..On the way home I passed a very small mom & pop gun shop and pulled in to see what they had……Well guess what, they had a pre lock 642 so I ended up trading a brand new 642 for theirs and lost $150.00 on the trade but I got the no lock revolver I wanted…..The old guy at the counter thought I was crazy for trading in a brand new never shot 1 hour old pistol for the same gun -150 clams but I hate those ugly a$$ Hillary Hole locks, no gun should have a stupid key lock, totally unnecessary!

So, is the no lock perfered strictly for the cosmetics, or is there added friction because of the design change?