Crimsontrace   Xssights   Kahr Shop   CrossBreed Holsters
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Never drop your guard

You folks are on a hiring spree because……….?

How is your son the Marine doing????

One retired, several went to other agencies for whatever reasons. I'm only here cause I got no place else to go.

My Marine just got back from his last deployment last week. Got to 29 Palms I think Monday or Tuesday. Had a 4 day weekend and went to San Diego with a group. Got a tattoo. I'll see if I can post a picture of that. He said it hurt worse than he expected but he didn't cry.

Now he will go to school on or near the base for the duration of his enlistment unless something bad happens of course. His exit date is late January.

Supposed to come home in a few weeks for a week or 10 days.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    One retired, several went to other agencies for whatever reasons. I'm only here cause I got no place else to go.

My Marine just got back from his last deployment last week. Got to 29 Palms I think Monday or Tuesday. Had a 4 day weekend and went to San Diego with a group. Got a tattoo. I'll see if I can post a picture of that. He said it hurt worse than he expected but he didn't cry.

Now he will go to school on or near the base for the duration of his enlistment unless something bad happens of course. His exit date is late January.

Supposed to come home in a few weeks for a week or 10 days.
    I can’t believe he’s been in that long. Seems like just last week you were telling us about him joining.

Then again my youngest spent 4 years in the navy and now 2 years in college on his GI bill and that don’t seem so long ago. My oldest has been enlisted for 7 years now and just signed up for 2 more. That don’t seem so long ago either. Guess that means I’m getting old as all that started in 2011.
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

See if this works.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Quote Originally Posted by knkali View Post
    I have always been taught and practice keeping a round in your defensive shottie chambered. The goal is never to be behind the time curve. Would you keep an empty chamber on your EDC? If not why? Is your shottie different?
    Already answered that. I'm at the age and level of experience where I get to use my ownselfs judgement.
    NRA Benefactor

Bawanna, Wow, He's already near the end of Hid enlistment!!!!!!!!

Does He know what He wants to do when He gets out?

He's talked about HVAC and getting his CDL. Son in law drives truck. I suggested he follow his brothers lead and get on with the Railroad, makes money hand over fist. Mom seems to think Clint is more outgoing and needs to be around people. Don't know where he got that, not from me for sure.
    He did say that anything I ask him to do like in the past will be easy compared to what he's been doing.

He'll figure it out.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

Quote Originally Posted by ltxi View Post
    Already answered that. I'm at the age and level of experience where I get to use my ownselfs judgement.
    If its already in there you save time and any chance of a malfunction when you do need to put one in the chamber. Makes sense. I agree with you. You have to run your self defense to you skill set and comfort level. Hope you never have to will a shell into the chamber.
    I am the Living Man

Bawanna that sounds great!!!
    I'm sure it will be great to have him close by!

The convict and I think every high school graduate needs to do some sort of service for at least 2 years (military or Amera Core etc.) before they go to college or to some other further training ect. They will be more mature and have a better idea of what they want to do.
    PLUS, they will learn about giving back…….which so many kids don't understand.

It's the best way IMHO............All of my arms are loaded all of the time. I treat all arms as if they are loaded because they are. Keeps it simple. I would not and never have trusted ANYONE when they say somethings not loaded. One of my biggest pet peeves is when your in a LGS, or big box sports store, and you turn around and someone is pointing a rifle or handgun at you. I used to just give them a dirty look, but now, I say something, loud.