Crimsontrace   Magnum Research new   Tommy Gun   Kahr Shop
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kahr CW380 vs S&W Bodyguard 380?

Default Kahr CW380 vs S&W Bodyguard 380?

Both have a $419 MSRP and the S&W has a factory laser. Does anyone have any real-life comparison info? If my CW9 is any indicator, a CW380 would be a dream. My wife loved a friends S&W Bodyguard 380 but she likes my CW9's proven reliability.

AFAIK production of the CW380 is still pending.

What made me think the CW380 was already on the street? Perhaps I confused some talk about the P380...

I'm silently hoping that maybe Kahr has delayed the release in order to do a few design tweaks and maybe iron out some of the bugs that continue to plague P380 owners.

My son bought the Bodyguard but traded it in a short period of time. He said he didn't like it. Didn't break down too easily as I recall.
    Kahr P380 (part owner)
    Kahr PM9
    Kahr PM45
    Kahr MK9 Elite 03
    Springfield XDs .45 3.3
    Springfield XDm .40 Compact 3.8
    Springfield XDm 9mm 3.8

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."
    .....Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by kahrseye View Post
    My son bought the Bodyguard but traded it in a short period of time. He said he didn't like it. Didn't break down too easily as I recall.
    That's something I need to ask my ex-brother-in-law (yeah, we're still good friends, much to my ex-wife's chagrin) since it was his carry that prompted my wife to have me research.

I can't say much about the Kahr 380's but we have had a Bodyguard 380 for about a year. I bought it as a "church" gun as our S&W M&P 9c's were just too big to conceal without a heavy over shirt. The Bodyguard was just the ticket in a pocket holster and later in a Blackhawk IWB holster. When my bride wanted it for her EDC, I had opportunity to purchase my first Kahr - a CM9. I love the CM9 as my EDC but my bride has difficulty racking it and is quite happy with the BG. I've only carried it once since I got the Kahr - she forgot her wallet and to keep things legal I carried it AIWB on my weak side along with the CM9 on my strong side. The picture below shows the Bodyguard on top and my CM9 below - both sitting comfortably in their Kusiak Leather holsters.

Default Kahr CW380 vs S&W Bodyguard 380?

Quote Originally Posted by southsound View Post
    Those r some nice/slim lookin holsters u got there! Me likey!

if this flag offends you then you need a history lesson!

Quote Originally Posted by gunshinestateCW9 View Post
    Those r some nice/slim lookin holsters u got there! Me likey!
    The Kusiak is the only holster that works for comfortable AIWB carry of my CM9. Wierd, though. It is very uncomfortable on or behind my hip. But I got it for AIWB carry and I'm pleased.
    Very interesting...

Quote Originally Posted by dsk View Post
    i'm silently hoping that maybe kahr has delayed the release in order to do a few design tweaks and maybe iron out some of the bugs that continue to plague p380 owners.
    you could not of said it any better brother!!! Amen to that!!!
    Twas the best of times; Twas the worst of times...