Xssights   Mitch Rosen   Tommy Gun Shop   Magnum Research new
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Traded my DE1911G

Default Traded my DE1911G

Swapped it even for a Browning Hi Power made in 1969. Beautiful gun. We were both happy. Next day was looking in my local pawn shop and found an XD45 Tactical used in excellent condition so now that one is on layaway. Still I'm going to miss the 1911. Still have my Sig version though!

You will like the BHP. They are special guns and real sweet shooters. I put mine up for sale and am glad no one took me up on it.
    ​O|||||||O

I can't imagine the day I'd part with my DE1911'(s). Excellent shooters.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    I can't imagine the day I'd part with my DE1911'(s). Excellent shooters.
    I may still wind up with another. Maybe the SS version...Could not pass on the Browning. Been wanting one a while.

Quote Originally Posted by b4uqzme View Post
    You will like the BHP. They are special guns and real sweet shooters. I put mine up for sale and am glad no one took me up on it.
    I do think you are right.!

Default Traded my DE1911G

Quote Originally Posted by warbird1 View Post
    Swapped it even for a Browning Hi Power made in 1969. Beautiful gun. We were both happy. Next day was looking in my local pawn shop and found an XD45 Tactical used in excellent condition so now that one is on layaway. Still I'm going to miss the 1911. Still have my Sig version though!
    Congrads on the trade. You have a T-Series BHP. Many collectors think they have the best finish of all the BHPs. I had one briefly long ago, but the ring hammer drew blood from the web of my hand. I traded it for a C-Series with the spur hammer and got no more hammer bite. I had it throated and polished to feed Federal 9BP JHPs and had some trigger work done. I had it for a very long time until I migrated to revolvers because I would occasionally flub the safety on the range now matter much I dry fired at home. Now I have a K9.

If you get hammer bite, Cylinder & Slide makes a no bite ring hammer that can be installed, as well as a replacement safety that is fast and positive. Also consider a barrel throating to feed JHPs, and some replacement sights. I don't think light customization would hurt the value, but some T-Series owners like to keep it all original.

Three HP's here... got an oldie with the 1911 type extractor, got a commerical one from dunno when.. 70's probably, and a longslide target model imported not by Browning but some other very small company. OTOH, damn near swimming in 1911's. I think there's 8 or 9 here, including the .22 made with a TacSol top end.

Had a mat silver one, with black Pachmayr's on it. One of those " sold it, wished I hadn't".

Quote Originally Posted by Streetkahr View Post
    Congrads on the trade. You have a T-Series BHP. Many collectors think they have the best finish of all the BHPs. I had one briefly long ago, but the ring hammer drew blood from the web of my hand. I traded it for a C-Series with the spur hammer and got no more hammer bite. I had it throated and polished to feed Federal 9BP JHPs and had some trigger work done. I had it for a very long time until I migrated to revolvers because I would occasionally flub the safety on the range now matter much I dry fired at home. Now I have a K9.

If you get hammer bite, Cylinder & Slide makes a no bite ring hammer that can be installed, as well as a replacement safety that is fast and positive. Also consider a barrel throating to feed JHPs, and some replacement sights. I don't think light customization would hurt the value, but some T-Series owners like to keep it all original.
    I appreciate all the information greatly. That was what I needed. Thanks.

Just to update....I missed the DE 1911 so much that I came up with another trade and got the 1911 back. Outstanding shooter. I also like the finish better than the flat finish that they are putting on the newer ones. Anyway, I am happy, happy, happy.