Magnum Research new   CrossBreed Holsters   Mitch Rosen   Xssights
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Pm45

Well I guess everybody knows that. Same at home. That's why I'm frequently found on the kitchen floor in a fatal position sucking my thumb but that's my fault too.

I blame Greg sometimes for stuff but he don't really deserve it none.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    Well I guess everybody knows that. Same at home. That's why I'm frequently found on the kitchen floor in a fatal position sucking my thumb but that's my fault too.

I blame Greg sometimes for stuff but he don't really deserve it none.

Bawanna, you said frequently, so I'm guessing you meant a fetal position not a fatal one!
    USAF Retired '88, NRA Life Member. Wife USAF Retired '96
    Avatar: Wynn re-enlists his wife Desiree, circa 1988 Loring AFB, ME. 42nd BMW, Heavy (SAC) B-52G's
    Frédéric Bastiat’s essay, The Law: http://mises.org/books/thelaw.pdf

Thomas Jefferson said

“A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.”
    and

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".

Fetal? Ain't that like a baby womb or something?
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Yep... the position of the fetus in the womb... fetal.
    USAF Retired '88, NRA Life Member. Wife USAF Retired '96
    Avatar: Wynn re-enlists his wife Desiree, circa 1988 Loring AFB, ME. 42nd BMW, Heavy (SAC) B-52G's
    Frédéric Bastiat’s essay, The Law: http://mises.org/books/thelaw.pdf

Thomas Jefferson said

“A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.”
    and

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".

Now the trick is going to be finding some ammo to break it in. I've got 50 rounds of .45 on hand, and that's it. I've got a feeling that I'm going to be doing a lot of slide racking by hand.

Quote Originally Posted by tokuno View Post
    Thought I owned all the Kahrs I'd ever need or want, but that was before this thread started me reading and watching PM45 reviews. I've found myself poking around gunbroker, window shopping the stainless, iron-sighted models . . .
    The dealer I used at Gunbroker is Elk County Ammo & Arms, and I just noticed they have another one listed for the same price I paid. They also have one with standard sights for $499, plus shipping. These are far and away the best prices I've seen at GB, or anywhere else for that matter. The owner of my favorite LGS said he couldn't even come close.

Quote Originally Posted by gale155 View Post
    The dealer I used at Gunbroker is Elk County Ammo & Arms, and I just noticed they have another one listed for the same price I paid. They also have one with standard sights for $499, plus shipping. These are far and away the best prices I've seen at GB, or anywhere else for that matter. The owner of my favorite LGS said he couldn't even come close.
    Thank you so much for the heads-up, but Dang! Excited, ready to buy, realized I hadn't verified the PM45's qualification on the CA DOJ approved firearms list . . . it's not. *insert loser trombone audio: wah-wah-waaah*
    I love California, hate its politicians.

You can have my share.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

Quote Originally Posted by tokuno View Post
    Thank you so much for the heads-up, but Dang! Excited, ready to buy, realized I hadn't verified the PM45's qualification on the CA DOJ approved firearms list . . . it's not. *insert loser trombone audio: wah-wah-waaah*
    I love California, hate its politicians.
    The P45 is on the approved list. Used with nearly flush fitting, Officers/compact 1911 magazines, it's not terribly larger than a PM45. It also holds an extra round (or 2*) more than the PM.

The above is an edited photo (to approximate a P45 with flush magazine) from https://www.handgunhero.com/compare/...5-vs-kahr-pm45

* I've yet to find a seven round magazine that will consistently lock the slide back when empty, but those that I do have feed just fine.
    Regards,
    Greg
    [<a href=http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif target=_blank>http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif</a>