Kahr Shop   Xssights   CrossBreed Holsters   Mitch Rosen
Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: January jollies

Keep 'em up guys, these last two are priceless. Well yoga pants are cool too.

Attached Images Attached Images
    "Life Member NRA"
    I am addicted to brake fluid...don't worry I can STOP at anytime!

"Never pet a burning dog"

"Life Member NRA"

Quote Originally Posted by jeepster09 View Post
    The button was also found here....not for lights though!
    Not the same, starter was momentary, dimmer was maintained.
    NRA Benefactor

Okay....however how many vehicles have used floor mounted starter button?
    "Life Member NRA"

'53 Ford pickup for sure

when I was a bit younger my Dad had a '54 Chevy p/u with a floor starter .... and later, when I was a bit older, I had a '52 Chevy p/u (had the neat curved rear window corner glass) that had a floor starter. One of my favorite things to do in my Dad's p/u was going into town to pick something up, come out of the store, get in the truck and push the starter button several times without turning on the key. The truck obviously wouldn't start until "I said it could start". Once I felt like my non-starting issue had attracted a little attention I'd get out of the truck and slowly walk around it looking at each wheel .... then go back a wheel or two and give it a good kick. After the "kick" I'd get back in the truck - and this time turn the key - mash the floor button and it would crank up instantly. Over time I had old men sitting on the wood benches in front of stores all over town scratching their heads in amazement. Good times .... rrrrrrr - rrrrrr - rrrrrrr

jd

It's not gun control that we need, it's soul control!

Back when life was fun and simple....but hey we now are WOKE!
    "Life Member NRA"

Quote Originally Posted by mr surveyor View Post
    when I was a bit younger my Dad had a '54 Chevy p/u with a floor starter .... and later, when I was a bit older, I had a '52 Chevy p/u (had the neat curved rear window corner glass) that had a floor starter. One of my favorite things to do in my Dad's p/u was going into town to pick something up, come out of the store, get in the truck and push the starter button several times without turning on the key. The truck obviously wouldn't start until "I said it could start". Once I felt like my non-starting issue had attracted a little attention I'd get out of the truck and slowly walk around it looking at each wheel .... then go back a wheel or two and give it a good kick. After the "kick" I'd get back in the truck - and this time turn the key - mash the floor button and it would crank up instantly. Over time I had old men sitting on the wood benches in front of stores all over town scratching their heads in amazement. Good times .... rrrrrrr - rrrrrr - rrrrrrr

jd
    That’s a good one……My dad owned a service station and his shop truck was a 56 Ford F100 step side, 352 V8 and 3 on the tree….It had a key start that for some reason Ford decided to put on the left side of the wheel where you couldn’t see it………There was a Chevrolet Lakewood Assembly plant right down the street and he would let me drive it down to the parking lot when I was 13 or so to do a jump start or change a tire and I loved driving that old truck around……He charged $3.00 for a jump start and $5.00 for a tire change but that included bringing it back to patch the tube, remember tubes?…..I don’t know what happened to that old truck but I would give up one of the boys to have it back today…..