Mitch Rosen   Kahr Shop   Xssights   Tommy Gun
Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: January jollies

Attached Images Attached Images
    "Life Member NRA"
    I am addicted to brake fluid...don't worry I can STOP at anytime!

Quote Originally Posted by 340pd View Post
    [img] [/img]
    My dad looked forward to one of my brothers or myself getting a cut, scrape or open head wound when we were kids. He kept the first aid stuff in an old .30 cal can and when that little bottle came out the injured party knew they were in for some real pain! We finally learned it was best to take off into the woods and hide out until a scab had covered up the boo boo. He wasn't quite as fast as we were and he wouldn't climb up a tree after us.

Awww, good times!

Could be why I won't go to the doctor unless brain matter is showing, or I have to hold my intestines in with both hands.

Quote Originally Posted by AJBert View Post
    My dad looked forward to one of my brothers or myself getting a cut, scrape or open head wound when we were kids. He kept the first aid stuff in an old .30 cal can and when that little bottle came out the injured party knew they were in for some real pain! We finally learned it was best to take off into the woods and hide out until a scab had covered up the boo boo. He wasn't quite as fast as we were and he wouldn't climb up a tree after us.

Awww, good times!

Could be why I won't go to the doctor unless brain matter is showing, or I have to hold my intestines in with both hands.
    When I was 10 I was doing a wheelie on my bike and had a good one going until my front wheel came down and hit the curb and I was introduced to Mr. Pavement and broke my left forearm, I knew it was broken because of the funny angle and the fact that it hurt like hell but I rode home one handed……I was afraid to tell my grandmother whom I lived with because she worked two jobs and we didn’t have any money or insurance so going to a doctor was out of the question so I found a roll of wide masking tape and wrapped it up good and tight and wore long sleeve shirts to school the next month or so and nobody knew…….To this day it’s got a little bend in it but I survived…….Tonight on the news there was a story showing parents how to double mask their 4 year olds so they would be safe from Covid at kindergarten……..Hope they don’t pass out from oxygen deprivation and skin their knee, they might bleed to death………

You were one. tough. kid. If you haven't changed and we ever meet, remind me not to argue with you.
    I broke my wrist and collar bone at both ends in a fall and when I went to the ER I asked the doctor if he was going to make me cry in front of my kids.

Quote Originally Posted by dao View Post
    You were one. tough. kid. If you haven't changed and we ever meet, remind me not to argue with you.
    I broke my wrist and collar bone at both ends in a fall and when I went to the ER I asked the doctor if he was going to make me cry in front of my kids.
    Man that would be so unmanly........first bone I ever broke was my back. (Highly not recommended). BUT, I didn't cry. Actually except for the bumps in the road riding in the meat wagon it didn't really hurt. That came later, I just made sure the kids weren't around just in case I cried. Only time I remember wanting to cry was when the pretty little nurse didn't want to run off and live happily ever after with me. She was so cute.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Pretty nurses can really mess up my blood pressure readings.
    Man of steel - Kahr T9, SP101

Quote Originally Posted by dao View Post
    I’m no tough guy and not fond at all of things that hurt….Worst pain I have ever felt was a double cervical disk removal, neck fusion which hurt like a mofo…..The thing with my do it yourself broken arm repair was that I was more afraid of losing my bike than anything else and since all my friends lived a couple miles away (on the good side of the tracks) not having a bike meant my life was over………I never told my Grandmother about it because she had already threatened to sell the bike if I kept doing stunts and wheelies so she never knew……..I learned to ride with one arm pretty good and so long as I could travel about all was good in my world………There are times when pain is the least of your worries……

Well, for the record I didn't cry. But that was the first time I had ever broken a bone other than a toe. And to be honest I think I was in some degree of shock. The wrist wasn't so bad because they put a cast on it. But the collarbone broken at both ends was tough to deal with.
    I can no longer carry easily in a shoulder holster on that side. I have modified my Miami Classic rig by adding another strap between the front and rear straps on that side to keep the front one off the gnarly knob at the top of my collarbone. My Kahrs aren't too bad but anything larger becomes a literal pain.
    And for what it's worth I still think you're a tough cookie. Tougher than me.
    I might cry in front of a nurse...if I thought she'd be impressed by my sensitive self

Attached Images Attached Images
    A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition
    -Rudyard Kipling