Tommy Gun Shop   Crimsontrace   Kahr Shop   Xssights
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: CW45 Problems? How Common?

Question CW45 Problems? How Common?

It always seems to happen this way. haha All I saw was good about this gun until I bought it. It seems some people have had a few issues. How common are these problems? I haven't even had a chance to shoot mine yet but can someone tell me what i need to do to make sure it will run well when I do.

Thanks,

You shouldn't have a problem, remember these things: 1) this is a KAHR forum, we hear far more than anywhere else about problems 2) many don't report the good stuff 3) proper prep and break in really are your friends 4) we're here to help if you do have the small chance of a problem. Ok that is the official bits, now think as to why I said those things, and you'll see what I mean. If you need help ask.

ETA: I was not intending to sound snarky here. I re-read this and figured that it may sound that way. In all seriousness (what passes for it around here anyway) welcome to the asylum, you should like it here, and again don't be afraid to ask.
    Attitude: it takes 43 muscles to frown, 17 to smile...and 3 for proper trigger squeeze.

The olive branch is considered a symbol of peace, and good will. Last time I checked, it's still a switch.

Go to any gun specific forum (or any forum for that matter) and you will find plenty of issues with anything you look up.

People complain when there are problems, and go in search of answers... It's far more rare for someone to have a good experience and go looking for a place to share it.

I will post a good reply. I got a CW45 for Christmas and after doing the prep and lube I went to the range. So far I have put 250 rounds (100 Federal 150 Aquilla both 230gr RN) thru it without a single problem. I used both the supplied 6 round mag and the free 7 round extended mag. I don't notice the long triggerpull as much on this as I do my CM9, but that makes sense due to the larger size and weight. My only problem at the moment is some reloads don;t want to chamber due to the shape of the bullet. If I use Berry's it isn't a factor, but some hard cast lead has a different shape and I may have to size them down to .451 to let them chamber. other than that it has run like a dream.

Thanks! I will, but hope all I have to say is GOOD stuff.

Go to the prep and lube threads, do that as you see fit, and remember jocko: "shoot it like you stole it". You'll be fine. I'll give another success out of the box. My wife's EDC is you guessed it a CW45 and not a problem one with the gun. The shooter still needs some help, but we're working on that.
    Attitude: it takes 43 muscles to frown, 17 to smile...and 3 for proper trigger squeeze.

The olive branch is considered a symbol of peace, and good will. Last time I checked, it's still a switch.

Just picked up a new CW45 and I am hearing about free 7 round mags, how can I score one and do they feed properly?
    Thanks!

Default basically

Quote Originally Posted by DefMC View Post
    Thanks! I will, but hope all I have to say is GOOD stuff.
    give the gun a good precleaning and lubing and then take it out and shoot it like u stole it. If u have issues, then come back to this forum. These guys are on top of alot of little piddly thngs that the average peron might over look. Kahrs are very troble free but sh-thappens and these guys can help u alot. Give the gun the 200 rounds down ragne with fmj ammo for break i purposes before gettign to excited about anythingj. In those 200 rounds, document any issues and about what round count,. magazine used etc, ammo used etc.

i THINK one major difference of this kahr forum over alot of gun specific forums is that we are not afraid to call a turd a turd. We try not to skirt around a kahr issue, many times we have the cure for some of these little piddly issues. Some will say, well the fokker should bne good out of the box. 99% are but that other 1% is where this forum comes tothe top. Many times they know what is causing ones specific issues. Many times they will be honest and just say it NEEDS TO GO BACK TO KAHR TO GET RIGHT

We certainly don't brag about the past performance of the P380 but I think it is slowly gettingt itself worked out to, but we don't sugar coat it. If u find a gun specific forumt hat never has an issue and never a fault with that gun, IMO that is just one lieing damn forum and really serves no purpose and normaly wil not tolerate or allow knocking their product..
    . My PM9 has over 40,000+ rounds through it, and runs much better than an illegal trying to get across our border

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

Quote Originally Posted by Covert operator View Post
    Just picked up a new CW45 and I am hearing about free 7 round mags, how can I score one and do they feed properly?
    Thanks!
    No. The free mags promotion is over.
    Very interesting...

Quote Originally Posted by Covert operator View Post
    Thanks!
    You had to purchase your Kahr by November 30th, 2011 to get in on that promotion.

My free CW45 7 rounder feeds just fine.

And Jocko speaks the truth.