Tommy Gun Shop   CrossBreed Holsters   Crimsontrace   Tommy Gun
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: XDS versus PM45

Mostly pocket carry a PM9. If you're going to belt carry my feeling is to go a bit bigger than the PM45 or XDS. Here is an article that kinda argues my way of thinking... http://www.gunsamerica.com/blog/spri...-range-report/
    "I hate quotations. Tell me what you know."
    Ralph Waldo Emerson

harleyrider For what its worth the CW series is just a bit smaller than the shield. The cm pm are quit a bit smaller. Difference pistols for different needs.

Recently, I compared the XDs and the PM45. Both seemed fine , but I can actually pocket carry this XDs.

If I am going to carry IWB, I can easily conceal my Glock 19 or 27.

My common pocket carry gun is a Kahr PM9. It is an amazing little gun.

The XDs does not detail strip like a Kahr or Glock. There are a couple roll pins in the XDs slide. Fortunately, it it very easy to remove and clean the striker and striker channel on the XDs. It involves dealing with roll pins to go further. It is still easy to clean.

The Kahr allows easier access to parts and is very Glocklike.

The other thing is that the PM45 has a track record. People know what to expect and that may help.

Quote Originally Posted by ScottieG59 View Post

The XDs does not detail strip like a Kahr or Glock. There are a couple roll pins in the XDs slide. Fortunately, it it very easy to remove and clean the striker and striker channel on the XDs. It involves dealing with roll pins to go further. It is still easy to clean.
    For some reason I think it is eaiser to strip my xds than my cm9 .But That could just be me.

My daily carry is the XDs specially now that I put some XS night sight and pocket carry the PM9 when the occasion arrise,,,,Love both

I have the cw9 and the cm9 but am currently looking at the XDs.. thanks for the review. If you wouldn't mind answering a few quesitons...

How is the recoil on the XDs? lets say compared to the cm9... any guess?

i haven't shot a 45 in a long time and that was a 1911. But with 9mm flying off the shelves i want to diversify my inventory. I had a Sheild come in that had my name on it but passed on it since i already have the CW9 and didn't need another 9mm. also have a Springfield XD9 (full size) that i love but too big to carry. Now very interested in a 45 but don't want it to be unpleasant to shoot. I practice alot with my carry guns. The cm9 recoil to me is quite acceptable just don't know how much more comes with the 45 in a small frame.

if and when i can find more .45 ammo im going to shoot my PM45 about 100 more times, shes teetering on the brink of reliability but hasnt shown it yet.....after the next bout if i can not get her to run right its pawnshop fodder.
    I hate being bi-polar, its awsome!

How is the recoil on the XDs? lets say compared to the cm9... any guess?

well it is a .45acp but actually it's not as bad as I thought it was going to be. If you use 230gr +p it's (of course) more bite but again that goes for all caliber. I use the 200gr but I read in another forum that the XDs likes the 180gr....Remember a 9mm could expand but a 45 will not shrink....haha

Default How is the recoil on the XDs?

Here's a little video I did a while back that that includes my XD-S and 9mm Shield; perhaps some of the difference in the recoil of each pistol can be gleaned from it:

Regards,
    Greg

Lookin at that fine video, it looks like the 9 Shield was more obnoxious in muzzle flip than the 45's.

Nice video.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."