Magnum Research new   Crimsontrace   CrossBreed Holsters   Mitch Rosen
Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Cann't give the CM9 away if I wanted to!

Default Cann't give the CM9 away if I wanted to!

Went slumming around the LGS's yesterday. North central FL. Can not get the Glock 43x off my mind. Only Glock I have ever held that I liked...and sad thing is , I really like it. Had my CM9 (In very good shape) on me and just asked just for the sake of asking how much for a trade....get this. 5 shops...one offer $100...one $125...and 3 offers of ..."Can not take a Kahr on trade, no call for them in the local market. New shooters do not like them and experienced ones say they are over rated and a PITA.
    I though Kahr popularity had increased! Was really shocked to get 3 that did not even want to talk trade in at all.
    Really do not want to trade my CM9 in, but do not have any other firearm I would get rid of except my Springfield XDe...and what I want is much more than I will get on a 43x with a Blue label price of $380.

The PM9 (then the CM9) owned the market on lightest, best shooting 9mm back in 2010 when I bought my CW9 then my CM9 when it was released. Sad for Kahr there are now so many small light 9mm pistols that are perceived to be in the same class and these other companies advertise better that no one puts a Kahr 1st on their list. Not to mention a few of years ago Kahr had couple of quality issues that have since been resolved but what is on the internet is forever.

I have a CW45, PM45, CM9, and CW380 that I bet I’d have a hard time selling too if I was so inclined.
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

Actually I'm not surprised, most gunshops are pretty ignorant regarding Kahrs as are a lot of shooters that have no experience with them.

Don't see Kahrs in our local shops. I have been seeing a few more at our gun shows. With our new California North gun law the gun shows are struggling. Waiting period even with a CPL makes it tough.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_usn_ret View Post
    Went slumming around the LGS's yesterday. North central FL. Can not get the Glock 43x off my mind. Only Glock I have ever held that I liked...and sad thing is , I really like it. Had my CM9 (In very good shape) on me and just asked just for the sake of asking how much for a trade....get this. 5 shops...one offer $100...one $125...and 3 offers of ..."Can not take a Kahr on trade, no call for them in the local market. New shooters do not like them and experienced ones say they are over rated and a PITA.
    I though Kahr popularity had increased! Was really shocked to get 3 that did not even want to talk trade in at all.
    Really do not want to trade my CM9 in, but do not have any other firearm I would get rid of except my Springfield XDe...and what I want is much more than I will get on a 43x with a Blue label price of $380.
    CM9 can be had for around $300 or less NIB. Being used, that brings the price down even more. Then they have to make a profit. $100 sounds like a pretty good offer coming from a LGS... I've been offered $150 or so for a $400+ gun that I just purchased from them a few months prior. I've been in my LGS, and seen people practically give their CZs, XDs, Berettas, etc away they were selling their guns to the gun shop so cheap... I usually am tempted to pull them to the side and offer them $20-$20 more than the LGS is offering, but I guess that would be frowned upon...

On the flip side, I have sold used $200 Taurus and Kel Tecs on ArmsList in a f2f sale for $300. Just recently sold a Shield that I had for 3 years for $350 which is about what I paid for it. Just like with anything, cut out the middle man if you want your money's worth.

It's the main reason that I usually make private trades instead. I refuse to take the beating that a dealer hands out when taking in a trade. The markup to a dealer is pretty significant, especially on certain makes and models. As an example, a dealer in my up nort area gets S&W M&P's and Shields for around $225-250 range. He sells them for between $500 and $550. He can/could afford to let a CM9 sit around his shop if he only had $100 invested. It will sell EVENTUALLY. I tried selling a limited MK9 with no takers, and on trade I didn't even inquire. So, I traded it and got a different firearm. It's the advantage of trades. You get to try out/own many different kinds of handguns for little to no cost. If both parties are happy, it's a win. If you look at a firearm as a tool, if you pay $350 for your handgun new, and own it for say 7 years, do you think you got your monies worth?????? It cost you $50 a year to use, minus ammo and cleaners of course. Sometimes, trades take time, but if you're patient, they come around.

The last PM9 I saw sell went for $275. As said previously, there is too much competition from competitors with far more recognizable names.
    "Never pet a burning dog"

No way I’d trade my CM9 for $125.

That being said I plan to trade my Shield 1.0 in when my son buys his P365. Not expecting more than $150 for it.

muggsy: Let's face it, being shot by a .380 will ruin anyone's day.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidR View Post
    No way I’d trade my CM9 for $125.

That being said I plan to trade my Shield 1.0 in when my son buys his P365. Not expecting more than $150 for it.
    Sold mine on armslist for $275 which is about what I iPad for it 2-3 years ago. Took about a month but it sold.

Now, not that I want this but let the wrong party win the next election and our firearms will sell for a pretty penny.
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

I couldn't give my MK9 away, but sold my M&P .40 for $400 on Armslist………………………….

The internet can make JQ Public believe in anything. Go to any LG and listen to the Newbies asking for the lightest trigger with the shortest reset. And they are quick to say "Just Horrible Trigger" when any DAO is mentioned. Most would not know a Kahr CM if one hit them in the face. Nor to they even realize that the Kahr is one of the best concealabke, well built guns on the market. Not to mention light weight and easy shooting. I Spent a lot of time shooting the Sig 365, sorry, no way would I trade my CM9 for one. Hell, the gun did not even fit my hand. Gun shops will carry what the Internet tells them to. Take a Kahr CW380. The internet will have you believe the LCP is a King of some kind. Then break down the Kahr and the LCP and look at the difference in Quality. There is no comparison. And the CW380 is a one mild shooter. Not to mention that the Kahr will run the legs off a LCP with any substantial ammo down range.
    I remember when the 365 was selling like Hot Cakes. People putting their name on a list to get one. Yet none had even shot the gun or even handled one. And then the problems came out. And then folks finding out the gun was NOT a good fit for their hand. I am even seeing some being sold used.
    And Not the same with the Springfield. All the talk all the rage and hysteria. We will see how that works out as well.
    Fads come and go. There is a reason the Kahr CM 9 is still a top gun for sure.