CrossBreed Holsters   Xssights   Crimsontrace   Tommy Gun

Thread: Plunk test fail

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Thanks folks for the replies. BTW: lead round nose "oddball" bullets. I'll be away for the weekend but look forward to working on this early next week. I'll let you know how it works out. Regards, Dan.

Quote Originally Posted by deadear dan View Post
    Thanks folks for the replies. BTW: lead round nose "oddball" bullets. I'll be away for the weekend but look forward to working on this early next week. I'll let you know how it works out. Regards, Dan.
    Thanks for posting the bullet profile name...

That "oddball" bullet profile has a step/shoulder, so it should be loaded to an OAL that puts that step flush with the case mouth... or below.
    A pic of a cartridge as currently loaded would help us a lot.

Missouri sells a 9mm bullet called "small ball"(no step/shoulder) that I've loaded, it has to be seated deeper/shorter OAL to chamber in an aftermarket barrel.
    Other round nose bullets work at an OAL of 1.100" whereas the small ball has to be loaded to an OAL of 1.060 to plunk.

Edit: Because Kahr barrels are notorious for tight/short chambers I'd measure those bullets to see if they are actually 0.452".
    If they prove to be larger, that could be your problem.
    Lee sells a 0.452 push thru bullet sizing die...but NOT a 0.451"
    Last edited by Tilos; 06-10-2018 at 04:37 PM.
    I apologize if my post contains the same or similar information as someone who has posted before me.