CrossBreed Holsters   Kahr Shop   Magnum Research new   Xssights
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: CW 380 a work in progress

Quote Originally Posted by Black Train View Post
    I would be confident and competent in the dis-assembly of the slide. I would just rather send it back and let them diagnose and fix anything that may be the culprit. I have read enough on this forum to know that Jocko, Wyn, and Muggsy offer very sound advice. It is evident in many threads, these guys know what they are talking about when it comes to these pistols.
    Muggsy is legally blind, certrified stupid. Just sayib. trust ol jocko and wyn. Just sayin
    . My PM9 has over 40,000+ rounds through it, and runs much better than an illegal trying to get across our border

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

Quote Originally Posted by muggsy View Post
    If the gun is under warranty send it back to the manufacturer. It's the only way a manufacturer has of discovering their own product short comings. If enough people send their guns back the manufacturer will make corrections in the manufacturing process.
    agree, if in doubt let kahr fix it BUT BUT be damn sure they pay to pik up the gun if its under warranty. They might try to crawfish from that part if u don't insist. Just sayin

this forum is full of helpful guys who have more or less seen every issue a gun can give, and if its fixable in house, then they will try to show u how to do it, but some things just have to go back. Defense ammo is expensive to just be screwing around with an unreliable gun. 380 ammo anyhow is not cheap in an grade. thats why I feel once u find a good defense round that is reliable, then just stick with it. ITS A DEFENSE GUN, not realy a range gun. My first P380 would not feed 102 golden sabre at all, so I tried corbon power ball and it was perfect and that is whaere I steopped looking. I would think if one screws around wtih damn near any semi, he will find a rouond/brand that the gun doesn't like....
    . My PM9 has over 40,000+ rounds through it, and runs much better than an illegal trying to get across our border

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

I don't think oil is sufficient for these guns. Theres several brands of light grease suitable for all sliding surfaces and thats what I use on all three of mine. So far, knock on wood,
    I've not had any trouble with my 380 shooting mostly WWB. I did do a major fluff and buff as detailed by Jocko and others.

Heres a thread on another forum discussing various lubricants:

http://www.carolinashootersclub.com/...be-wow.191026/
    Last edited by ulflyer; 04-27-2015 at 05:36 AM.
    CT380,CW9, P45, Colt 1991A1, 1911A1 Rem-Rand, Sig GSR 45acp, Sig Ultra 45acp,Colt New Agent 9mm, German Makarov 9X18, M1 Carbines, Walther P22, Remington Nylon 66, North Amer 22, Ruger LCR 38cal, S&W Victory 38spl, S&W M15 38, Remington 870 Police 12ga.

The CW 380 has been with Kahr since Friday. When it comes back, I plan to polish the feed ramp and chamber. If Kahr does not dis-assemble and clean the slide, that will be done also.

Love hate relationship...
    i love everything the kahr offers that other manufacturers cant match... except the reliability.

I had the same problem with my CW380. After 200 rounds and having all the same issues you did, I contacted Kahr warranty via email and got a quick response along with with a Fedex label. 10 days later i got it back and it has functioned perfectly since. Their notes indicated that they replaced the recoil spring. It is definitely a stronger spring, ,and the gun goes back into full battery. Before it was fixed I could ride the slide down and it would almost stop before it completely went into battery. Wished I had not wasted all that ammo breaking it in, but with PPU ammo it shoots nice tight groups at 25 ft. Hope you have the same positive experience with Kahr warranty that I did.

Quote Originally Posted by bawdew View Post
    I had the same problem with my CW380. After 200 rounds and having all the same issues you did, I contacted Kahr warranty via email and got a quick response along with with a Fedex label. 10 days later i got it back and it has functioned perfectly since. Their notes indicated that they replaced the recoil spring. It is definitely a stronger spring, ,and the gun goes back into full battery. Before it was fixed I could ride the slide down and it would almost stop before it completely went into battery. Wished I had not wasted all that ammo breaking it in, but with PPU ammo it shoots nice tight groups at 25 ft. Hope you have the same positive experience with Kahr warranty that I did.
    Give your new spring a few hundred rounds and it'll be limp again. I bought several replacement springs from Midway, and when they're new they're a lot longer than a used one and close the slide with a nice snap. But after a couple trips to the range the slide barely closes completely again. You really need to replace the recoil springs every 500 rounds or so on a P380/CW380. I also discovered on mine that if I don't completely clean out the striker channel every 100 rounds enough crap gets in there that I get light strikes. These are definitely high-maintenance guns.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Train View Post
    The CW 380 has been with Kahr since Friday. When it comes back, I plan to polish the feed ramp and chamber. If Kahr does not dis-assemble and clean the slide, that will be done also.
    they won't dissassembly the slide, so plan on it, I would think the ramp will come back highlyt polished. be careful taking that slide down, as small parts fly.Many here dissassemblle inside of a large zip lock bag. Once u do it, u learn very quickthe do's and don't...

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

My brother's CW380, after around 250-300 rounds, wouldn't fire. All light strikes. I took it home and detail stripped the slide. Didn't get much burnt powder out of the channel, but the striker itself looked like it had some sort of dull coating on it, not shiny. Got it all cleaned up with gunscrubber and brush, and it's working like a champ again.

I had the same issue with my CW380. Here's what fixed it...

1) I polished the feed ramp but more importantly polished the chamber
    with a small dremel felt bullet and some rouge.

2) I also disassembled the slide and de-burred and polished the extractor

It took 2 polishings of the barrel chamber but it feeds like a champ now.
    I can drop the slide by hand (instead of slide stop) and feed a round.

Seems like on my gun at least, the C series barrel needed some extra TLC
    on the 380. The angle that the round has to come up to feed into the chamber
    is pretty extreme and it seemed like it was hanging up as the bullet hit the ceiling
    of the chamber during feed. So I polished the snot out of that area
    and it did the trick.

M-