Crimsontrace   CrossBreed Holsters   Mitch Rosen   Kahr Shop
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Cz p-01

Thanks Greg, I was taking my sweet time, 2-3 seconds per round. Got the new sights installed will update next week.
    NRA Benefactor

Quote Originally Posted by kenemoore View Post
    Thanks Greg, I was taking my sweet time, 2-3 seconds per round. Got the new sights installed will update next week.
    Darn, I just looked at tjose sights online and like them, plus their "Perfect Impact Policy" sounds good too. Let us know how you like thrm and if the POI is goid.

I may be out some more money now.
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

The Dawson sights came with two punches and allen wrenches. But..the allen wrench for the original sight is smaller, took me awhile to find one that fit. The front sight swap out went fast, OEM sight came out quickly once roll pin was removed (need a 1/16" pin punch). New sight required minor fitment and installed easy. The rear OEM sight was a bear to remove. Had to do a lot of sanding to the new sight bottom to get in fitted, maybe 20 minutes of work. After that easy street. The FO elements in the Dawson sights are not large.
    The front sight has a width of .100 and the gap in the rear is .130, this helps tired eyes pick up the sight fairly quick. I'm guess the FO rods are .070-.075 or so. Kinda of small, but much better than the OEM sights. I tried taking photos with me phone, but wasn't very successful. Could not get them both in focus at the same time, kinda like shooting.
    I hope to test them sometime this week, the FO's really POP in natural light.

Attached Images Attached Images
    NRA Benefactor

Thanks for sharing. I like those. I saw where they have a set that is P-01 specific so I may have to get a set.
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Visit here:

Made it back to range late yesterday, fired another 150 rounds of Aquila 124grn ball ammo. That makes 300 flawless rounds, now qualified for carrying. The new Dawson FO sights are fantastic. POI and POA are perfect. I had eyeballed the rear sight being dead center, kind of easy to do, using the slide top serrations as a guide, almost the same width as the interior of the sights. Anyway, target below, again at 25 feet. Brought the tools to drift the rear if needed, but it shot where I aimed. Had a flyer as you can see.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    NRA Benefactor

Nice shooting.

Those sights look really good. I used the same method of aligning the rear sight on my C100 when I installed the Truglo TFX sights on it, and it worked for me too.

A P-01 with those F/O sights is about as good as it gets, IMO. Great choices!

I like those sights. Maybe Santa will bring me some for Christmas.

Unfortunately for me my Air Conditioning just went out and it's so old the unit has to be replaced as repairs are cost prohibitive. DANG IT!!! I guess the fact I've piece parted it and kept it running about 5 years longer than it should have I should take as a colsolation.

Its good I bought my P-01 before it happened as now home repairs have put me on restriction for the next 6 months.

In the mean time all good kartalk members keep posting your new aquisitions as that may be the best gun joy I get. Its all good though, still cool in the summer and warm in the winter.

Visit here:

Home repairs put you on restriction your whole life the minute you sign the ernest money. It never ends.

Almost worse than a boat, ya know them things that float on the water that you pour money into.

And of course cars and trucks which may be the worst of the bunch. Wife's mustang needs brakes all around, my van is not far behind. I think they refer to that as walk or make payments.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Yeah, I have a set if brakes in the garage cabinet I bought for a good price off the Internet for my truck and I've been holding off hoping for cooler weather to work on it. Haven't seen much yet then there is the hurricane this weekend.

I do most stuff myself, electrical, plumbing, etc. Water heater started leaking last July 2016 and it was up in the attic so that was a chore lowering the bad one and raising a new one but $500 for a new one and some parts and I could do that one myself. You should have seen the block and tackle I rigged up to lower it.

Darn AC unit I had to pay someone to do. Could have bought a few really nice guns for the cost. Guess I'll be doing dry fire practice for a while. At least the weather in the house is good for that.

On a positive note did shoot a box through my P-01 today after painting the factory sights and polishing the sear and hammer and it's really smooth now. Even more than before. I really Like the pistol.
    Last edited by Bawanna; 10-05-2017 at 10:27 PM.

Visit here:

I'll work on making cars go, but I don't mess with brakes. Stopping is kind of important.

I do most of my own home repairs, and sometimes that requires block and tackle just to get me to the project.

I put all the fake hardwood floors down and hopefully no more of that, brutal. Very rough on back side, elbows etc. Only one room not done and hopefully it will remain that way.

Hoping to put in a new dryer vent tomorrow, shouldn't be too tough.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."